Class 2A Playoffs: Danville at Somerset

Who gets the W?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

Somerset (9-2) went to Titletown on October 5th and defeated the Ads (5-6) for the first time since 2012 in a game that was heavily impacted by bad weather, and thusly, turnovers. That game was largely competitive throughout. Despite Danville's ups and downs this season, the gap between them and the Jumpers doesn't appear to be all that wide. Will Somerset consolidate its position over Danville this season, or are the Ads on the verge of a deep postseason run to salvage what appeared to be a disappointing year?

This could come down to which team is closer to complete from an injury standpoint. Somerset had several starters not in this past week and I have no idea how many will be back this week.

Is the QB from somerset (Sheron) hurt? I was told he didn’t play last week. He had a really good game against Danville the first time they played.

Is the QB from somerset (Sheron) hurt? I was told he didn’t play last week. He had a really good game against Danville the first time they played.

I don't think he's hurt. He dressed last week just didn't play. Looked like they were just trying to get Ham some minutes in case we need him later. I doubt Bruner will be back this week though.

For whatever reason, The Ad's did not look ready to play (mentally) in the previous meeting. Seems like they have gotten some of their "edge" back. This one should be a one possession ballgame that will depend on 1-2 turnovers. I think the winner of this game will be playing on Thanksgiving weekend.