Red Sox 9 Dodgers 6 (WS Game 4)

The Red Sox trailed 4-0 after 6 innings. They got 3 in the 7th on a 3 run pinch hit homer by Mitch Moreland of Ryan Madson. Steve Pearce tied it up with a solo shot of off Kenley Jansen in the 8th and then the Sox exploded for 5 in the 9th. The Dodgers used 7 pitchers and all 7 were charged with at least 1 earned run. And Manny Machado remains a punk.

Why, oh why, did the Dodgers take out Rich Hill? Had a one hit shutout, leading 4-0, and had thrown 90 pitches.

He had pitched great. However, so season the Red Sox lineup had been death on pitchers the 3rd time through the lineup. I'm sure that had something to do with it. It's just so hard to shut that lineup down.

I think I saw somewhere that Hill told him he was getting tired the inning before.

He did. Here's what Roberts had to say about it:

“He said, ‘Keep an eye on me. I’m going to give it everything I have. Let’s go hitter to hitter and just keep an eye on me.’ ” Roberts said of Hill in his postgame press conference, as transcribed by ASAP Sports. “So right there, I know Rich did everything he could, competed, left everything out there.”

Read more at: Did Dave Roberts Pull Rich Hill Too Soon? Dodgers Manager Explains Decision | Boston Red Sox | NESN.com