1A Bishop Brossart vs. 1A Raceland

sidelinedoc

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

We are very interested, and actually looking forward to our trip to Raceland and checking out the new modified digs.

This will be our third consecutive trip to Raceland, and fourth post-season playoff game with the Rams overall. In 2015 we played a very contentious game at Bob Miller Stadium in Alexandria, losing 22-14.

In our two games at Raceland the Rams have had their way with us, handing us a 47-21 loss in 2016, and we were shown the door early a year ago, falling 55-14.

We compare the Raceland program a lot to the Beechwood program, in that they are a football school, housing a mid-major football program in a Class 1A school. I counted 56 players on their roster (15-Srs, 14 Jrs, 16-So, and 11 Fr), compared to our 35, and our school offers soccer, which accounted for 11 potential senior and numerous underclass football players. We are still looking for our first playoff win, while the Rams are coming off of a State Class 1-A runner-up finish.

We are decided underdogs, and will have to catch lightning in a bottle to pull the upset. Nonetheless, our guys are practicing hard this week in preparation for the game and will play it one snap at a time on both sides of the ball. Any chance we have will be predicated on stopping the big play, and grinding out some positive yardage on offense. We have a veteran quarterback in Tyler MacDonald who has an effective throwing arm, but lost his primary target from a year ago when Bryce Donnelly walked down the aisle. We have two big, strong running backs/linebackers in Nate Bezold and Mason Dennis, who would be a compliment to anyone's roster, and an effective running back in Adam Orth.

We will play hard for 48 minutes and let the chips fall where they may.

You can listen to the game live via our BMustangs.com website.

This will be our third consecutive trip to Raceland, and fourth post-season playoff game with the Rams overall. In 2015 we played a very contentious game at Bob Miller Stadium in Alexandria, losing 22-14.

In our two games at Raceland the Rams have had their way with us, handing us a 47-21 loss in 2016, and we were shown the door early a year ago, falling 55-14

I was at that game in 2016. Donnelly left quite an impression on everyone there. The play that stuck out to me the most was the Raceland punt return where Donnelly got blocked out of bounds but was still able to run down Cam Webb to save a Rams TD. It was one of the best displays of recovery speed I've ever seen.

Yes, Raceland should win. Having said that, I am always worried when playing a NKY team. Most NKY schools / teams play a pretty good brand of football. Through the years I have found that looking at a NKY teams schedule / W-L record can be very deceiving. All teams in that area are pretty good and a bad or average record is bc they are playing good teams. Several years have found a lower NKY seed have beaten the higher seed from other areas.

As for this one … as in any game, imo Raceland's O and D line play will tell the story on the outcome. Most games, our size / depth on the line has worn the opposition down as the game goes on. Raceland's losses and close games came when the line play was matched. The Rams LB's have also played very good this season.

I hope that the travel / weather conditions are good for the Brossart fans, team drive in and that regardless of the outcome that both teams stay injury free.

BTW, Thanks @Mustang for your info.

Edited by oldrambler