Raiders 45 Browns 42 (OT)

Game over. Raiders win. :madman:

The Browns could not beat the officials and the Raiders. They had this game taken from them and handed to Oakland.

I realize you all are probably watching the game in real time as I am, but I needed something to do as this game was getting to me. Doing the update thread helped me calm down.

I tried to post this in the update thread but it was closed real fast.

Two terrible calls handed the game to the Raiders. The first was Carrs fumble that would have given the Browns the ball inside the Raiders 15 yard line even if they had been able to tackle the guy who recovered the ball and was running to the end zone. Carr fumbled the ball on first contact and the refs said his forward progress was stopped prior to the fumble. A quick whistle cannot be reviewed.

Terrible call!

The other call was overturning the first down on Hyde's run. They ruled on the field it was a first down. Then they called for a review. I thought the review showed he had the first down, even noticing that his elbow hit the ground. The ball was past the first down line.

Cleveland could have run the time out because Oakland didn't have any timeouts left. Game over.

Not so. The refs insert themselves into the game.

2 Int's and under .50% completion by Mayfield had nothing to do with the loss.

Sure, the 6 dropped passes also hurt. But with about 1:30 left, the Browns got a 1st down. The Raiders had no timeouts. All Cleveland had to do was take a knee in victory formation and time runs out with them gaining the victory. The refs changed the call without conclusive proof and effectively took a "W" off the Browns record. That was the single most impactful event of the game. It literally changed the result of the game.

Even with the 4 turnovers attributable to Mayfield (2 ints and 2 fumbles), and a 50% completion rate, Mayfield effectively did enough to win the game. The Raiders were beaten. The refs took the trophy out of Mayfield's hands and placed it in Carr's hands.

If you do something to lose the game, you accept it as just football. But when the refs blow a call and take the game away, that is not football.

Refs must have saw something because the reversed the call.

You could say that in ANY situation. With that logic the refs could literally NEVER get it wrong. But they are human and they do get it wrong. They did on that play. And unfortunately, the refs wiped a victory for Cleveland off the board and declared it a tie. Cleveland had to win that game twice to get a "W". They didn't, so they got an L.