5A #6 Highlands at Dixie Heights (9/4)

DevilMayCare

Who gets the W?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

Highlands returns from its bye week to face the Red Colonels. Dixie Heights’ (0-7) best chances to grab a win this season may have come and gone. They've lost by a TD or less each of the past three weeks. Highlands, CovCath, and Ryle are all that's left this season. The Birds clocked DH 47-0 last year.

I am sure that Highlands spent all of last week preparing for Cov Cath. I would bet that at least some of the coaches are preparing for Cov Cath this week. I hope they don’t overlook Dixie and have one of those overlook games. Birds should be a lot better either way.

Birds 45

Colonels 14

I am sure that Highlands spent all of last week preparing for Cov Cath. I would bet that at least some of the coaches are preparing for Cov Cath this week. I hope they don’t overlook Dixie and have one of those overlook games. Birds should be a lot better either way.

Birds 45

Colonels 14

Nope. Birds staff has been very clear to the boys to take Dixie seriously. They have been preaching to the boys that ANYONE can beat you and to NOT overlook any team!

Nope. Birds staff has been very clear to the boys to take Dixie seriously. They have been preaching to the boys that ANYONE can beat you and to NOT overlook any team!

So Dixie gets two weeks of prep and Cov Cath gets one?

So Dixie gets two weeks of prep and Cov Cath gets one?

Maybe different groups are preparing differently, but the message to the boys I know have been Dixie. To your point, I’m sure staff has also been spending time on next week though. I’m just talking about where the focus to the boys has been.

Can anyone explain what is going on at Dixie? Didn't they play in the 6A title game just three years ago? IMO Dixie Heights should never go winless.

Could kids in that area be attracted to Cov Cath / Beechwood success? Dixie and Cov Cath were neck and neck not too long ago, but now parents see a better education and a chance to see state championships. Plus Cov Cath has a really nice facility. Just a theory.

Edited by El Diablo

Could kids in that area be attracted to Cov Cath / Beechwood success? Dixie and Cov Cath were neck and neck not too long ago, but now parents see a better education and a chance to see state championships. Plus Cov Cath has a really nice facility. Just a theory.

Not a theory...FACT. From CCH’s perspective I can tell you that I know several kids who 6-7 years ago would have ended up af Dixie, but now want to play for Eddie.