Boone County 28 Dixie Heights 27

oldgrappler

Boone County owned the first half. I think it was 21-0 at halftime. My memory is so bad.

Dixie definitely came out fired up right from the second half kick-off. They made it into a really exciting game. It nearly came down to the last play of the game. Dixie battled back to pull within 1 point by scoring with less than 10 seconds remaining. Instead of kicking the point after, they went for two and the win. The attempt went wide right and Boone made the stop to preserve the victory with 3.4 seconds remaining in the game. Had to do the kick and Dixie tried an onside. Boone covered and then did victory formation for the won.

It was a gutsy call by Dixie's coach. Dixie seemed to have Boone on their heels. Second guessing, you wonder if they had opted to tie the game and go into overtime would Boone have been able to stop them. The Dixie QB was the catalyst for the comeback. He threw and ran to get his team into a position to win. But Dixie came up a little short. It was a win for Boone!

Boone County owned the first half. I think it was 21-0 at halftime. My memory is so bad.

Dixie definitely came out fired up right from the second half kick-off. They made it into a really exciting game. It nearly came down to the last play of the game. Dixie battled back to pull within 1 point by scoring with less than 10 seconds remaining. Instead of kicking the point after, they went for two and the win. The attempt went wide right and Boone made the stop to preserve the victory with 3.4 seconds remaining in the game. Had to do the kick and Dixie tried an onside. Boone covered and then did victory formation for the won.

It was a gutsy call by Dixie's coach. Dixie seemed to have Boone on their heels. Second guessing, you wonder if they had opted to tie the game and go into overtime would Boone have been able to stop them. The Dixie QB was the catalyst for the comeback. He threw and ran to get his team into a position to win. But Dixie came up a little short. It was a win for Boone!

Great summary @oldgrappler