2A #7 Danville vs. 3A Waggener

DevilMayCare

Who gets the W?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

Danville (1-3) continues to struggle to find its way after a 30-14 setback to Pulaski County. The offense just hasn't been there the past three weeks. Conversely, offense hasn't been the issue for Waggener (3-1). The Wildcats rank 3rd in 3A in scoring at nearly 41 ppg. This game was a shootout last year, with Danville prevailing 49-46.

Neither team is as good as they were last year but this is a huge game for Danville. The lackluster effort last week was troubling. Maybe after Corbin and Boyle in back to back weeks was the issue, I really don't know. But this is a Sr. heavy team and it's time to decide what the rest of the season will look like. Both teams have dangerous athlete's and can score quickly. Wasn't impressed by Waggner's D earlier this season but Danville also looks vulnerable in certain spots. Pulling for Danville to right the ship this week and get dug in for district play.

I think Danville wins in a high scoring game.

Danville will never win a game if its high scoring. they dont have the talent like last year. they haven't scored more than 2Tds all year in a game except for the Woodford County game. Danville can't score this year and their defense is on the field too much.

Danville will never win a game if its high scoring. they dont have the talent like last year. they haven't scored more than 2Tds all year in a game except for the Woodford County game. Danville can't score this year and their defense is on the field too much.

Danville played tougher schedule and Waggener defense not great.

Danville will never win a game if its high scoring. they dont have the talent like last year. they haven't scored more than 2Tds all year in a game except for the Woodford County game. Danville can't score this year and their defense is on the field to.o much

I think that might be the hard truth from the early games against good teams.

This is a borderline "must win" type of game for Danville's psyche

I agree this is a borderline must win for Danville. I do think the Ads will find success once district rolls around, however: winning cures many ills and Danville would certainly benefit with a win over Waggener.