Shake ups...big ones, small ones? What are you seeing?

6A Football

- St. Xavier loses to 2A DeSales and 5A Bowling Green.

- Trinity is 0-4 with their first in-state loss in 2-1/2 years to 6A Male.

- Scott County beats OH-DI Moeller, who beat 6A Trinity the week prior.

- Ryle is 1-3, with 3 losses to teams from lower classifications.

- Campbell County only eeks out a 22-21 win over 6A Cooper.

5A Football

- Owensboro loses 45-32 to 2A Owensboro Catholic

- Covington Catholic beats 6A Ryle 40-7, and Highlands responds with a 40-3 win over Ryle.

- Apollo is 4-0. The Eagles' best start since 2006.

- Atherton loses to Eminence.

4A Football

- Collins is off to a rocky 0-4 start.

3A Football

- Paducah-Tilghman is sitting pretty at 3-1 for the first time since 2004.

2A Football

- Danville starts off their season 1-3 for the first time since 2013.

- DeSales beats 6A St. Xavier for the first time since 1986. Also beats 6A Butler 35-34.

- Newport Cenrtal Catholic is off to a 1-3 start on the season.

1A Football

- Pikeville soundly beats 1A Paintsville 36-13.

- Fulton County, with all 24 players on their roster, is 3-0.

- Ludow is 3-0 for a second straight year.

- Phelps is 3-0 for a second straight year.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

I’m excited for Scott County vs Freddy D. I can’t wait to see just how good Freddy D is. Scott County defeating Moellerjust adds more excitement to that game for me. Freddy D’s schedule is fairly weak but I am highly impressed by their offensive efficiency. I can’t wait to see how they do against stiffer competition.

I thought St. X would be better.

I expected Danville to win tonight but their record doesn’t change how I feel about them. I think they will continue to get better but I am not sure if it will be good enough to get past Somerset.

South Warren vs CovCath is the 5A state championship game whenever it happens. My pick is still South Warren.

Anderson County is still undefeated.

I’m excited for Scott County vs Freddy D. I can’t wait to see just how good Freddy D is. Scott County defeating Moellerjust adds more excitement to that game for me. Freddy D’s schedule is fairly weak but I am highly impressed by their offensive efficiency. I can’t wait to see how they do against stiffer competition.

I expected Danville to win tonight but their record doesn’t change how I feel about them. I think they will continue to get better but I am not sure if it will be good enough to get past Somerset.

South Warren vs CovCath is the 5A state championship game whenever it happens. My pick is still South Warren.

Do not be surprised, if it's a blowout again if FD doesn't have a running QB they are not going to beat SC and for sure not going to keep them from scoring. Whenever they play SC will be the best them FD has played BY FAR. Douglas will be about the 3rd or 4th best SC had played( SC scrimmage Central, not sure FD could beat them) and yes I've seen both play in person

Do not be surprised, if it's a blowout again if FD doesn't have a running QB they are not going to beat SC and for sure not going to keep them from scoring. Whenever they play SC will be the best them FD has played BY FAR. Douglas will be about the 3rd or 4th best SC had played( SC scrimmage Central, not sure FD could beat them) and yes I've seen both play in person

I’ve definitely been curious as to how good they are. Their schedule isn’t doing them any favors. Thanks for the insight.

I agree on the 5a championship game participants, but I just don’t see anyone beating Cov Cath. They are just rolling. They had a running clock on a good Ohio team in the beginning of the 3rd QTR. They are just loaded.

I agree on the 5a championship game participants, but I just don’t see anyone beating Cov Cath. They are just rolling. They had a running clock on a good Ohio team in the beginning of the 3rd QTR. They are just loaded.

I have a hard time believing that the team they whipped yesterday the same way they have whipped their KY competition is a good team. And no disrespect to Highlands but I think they beat them soundly also. I just happen to believe that South Warren is just as good as CovCath and will defeat them this year.

My take:

6A

Trinity will be a factor.

Scott County appears to be the front runner.

5A

South Warren has leaped over BG...for now.

CovCath is way out there ahead of everyone.

4A

Johnson Central and Ashland will battle for one spot in Lexington.

The next two weeks will define FS.

Logan Co is unbeaten but untested.

Hoptown may have lost QB #1 and QB #2.

Madisonville has two losses.

The West is a free for all at this point.

3A

Boyle County.

Central.

2A

DeSales

Mayfield

1A

Beechwood

My take:

6A

Trinity will be a factor.

Scott County appears to be the front runner.

5A

South Warren has leaped over BG...for now.

CovCath is way out there ahead of everyone.

4A

Johnson Central and Ashland will battle for one spot in Lexington.

The next two weeks will define FS.

Logan Co is unbeaten but untested.

Hoptown may have lost QB #1 and QB #2.

Madisonville has two losses.

The West is a free for all at this point.

3A

Boyle County.

Central.

2A

DeSales

Mayfield

1A

Beechwood

Scott County over Male?

I have a hard time believing that the team they whipped yesterday the same way they have whipped their KY competition is a good team. And no disrespect to Highlands but I think they beat them soundly also. I just happen to believe that South Warren is just as good as CovCath and will defeat them this year.

Kings is 2-1 on the season now.

The two teams they beat (Lebanon and Lakota East) are also 2-1 now, so the only game each team lost is the Kings game.

If you are asking if Kings is elite, no they are not. If you are asking if they are a good team, I would say they are. Unless all of southwest Ohio football is down this year.

Kings is 2-1 on the season now.

The two teams they beat (Lebanon and Lakota East) are also 2-1 now, so the only game each team lost is the Kings game.

If you are asking if Kings is elite, no they are not. If you are asking if they are a good team, I would say they are.

Ryle, Cooper and Henry Clay haven’t proven to be good and they were beaten in a similar fashion. On paper it looks like Beechwood may be the best opponent they will have faced so far after next week and they probably don’t have any business playing CovCath. I know CovCath is really good and IMO the 4th or 5th best team in the state but looking at their schedule and the quality of opponents does nothing to convince me that I should 100% believe that they will beat South Warren. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Ryle, Cooper and Henry Clay haven’t proven to be good and they were beaten in a similar fashion. On paper it looks like Beechwood may be the best opponent they will have faced so far after next week and they probably don’t have any business playing CovCath. I know CovCath is really good and IMO the 4th or 5th best team in the state but looking at their schedule and the quality of opponents does nothing to convince me that I should 100% believe that they will beat South Warren. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Fair enough.

But if the main argument is strength of schedule, South Warren's is pretty bad.