Trinity 61 Ryle 14 (Scrimmage)

THS2011

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Ryle comes away from this one with some lessons learned. Looking at things as an outsider, it looked to me for like Ryle didn't have their heads in it from the get-go, and as soon as Trinity got them on their heels, there was no real writing the Raider ship. They had some glimmers of good things dispersed throughout the scrimmage though. England had a tough go of things, still played hard. I thought both of their quarterbacks looked solid on the plays where they weren't being hurried. The defensive line looked good in the first quarter or so, until it got to the point where they were gassed from spending time on the field.

Someone let me know how the Trinity freshmen looked. I have been told not to expect much from them. Of course most of these observations are coming from poplar level road. The Tiger fans are expecting big things from their frosh. They tell me they got some last minute change of minds from going to Trinity to going to Saint Xavier. These were big time players according to them.

I saw the first half. IMO T was physically superior by a large margin. T's passing game improved considerably over last week. I believe the QB is a junior so improvement should be expected. Trinity is not a finished product by any means.

THS 2011, thanks for your observations. I hope they are accurate. Our freshmen last year were something special. They dismantled everyone they faced. This year some of my Saint Xavier aquatinces are really enthusiastic over their frosh class. I hope the Shamrocks roll over them twice again this coming season. They play each other in the next few weeks. We should know something then.

Someone let me know how the Trinity freshmen looked. I have been told not to expect much from them. Of course most of these observations are coming from poplar level road. The Tiger fans are expecting big things from their frosh. They tell me they got some last minute change of minds from going to Trinity to going to Saint Xavier. These were big time players according to them.

Looked just as good as last year in some aspects...QB is big-time...RB is fast and the lines are really good. Two LBers are bigger than the varsity LBers and the safety kid looked like a baby Dingle out there.

Ryle had good size and very good numbers. But it was no match. I'll bet it was 7-8 TDs to zero for Ryle in the limited time they played.

What kind of size does the Trinity O-line have? Reading through the updates it seems like T ran the ball a lot.

I'd say the one tackle is 6-4, 225 and is the biggest...center is a very good player and he's about 6-3, 215 or so...

From the stands they looked bigger than they have been in recent years but not huge. The d-line is HUGE.