Ashland 28 Spring Valley (WV) 7 (Scrimmage)

Spring Valley was BIG, but no real athletes. I dont think either varsity squad scored. Ashland got it down to the 5 on their first drive, but stalled. Spring Valley go it inside the 10 and Blake Hester made an INT in the endzone. Hester looked good, with some nice runs and 3 or 4 recpetions, one for about 40 yards. Cade Brandt had a nice catch as well. Ashland O-line did a good job against a muuuch bigger SV Dline. #74 for SV is a monster, gotta be 6'6 300lbs. Braxton Ratliff's younger brother Baron looked good at QB with one nice TD pass of about 50 yards. Ashland was missing 3 starters, Isaac Caines, Drew Fannin, and Spinda.

Spring Valley was BIG, but no real athletes. I dont think either varsity squad scored. Ashland got it down to the 5 on their first drive, but stalled. Spring Valley go it inside the 10 and Blake Hester made an INT in the endzone. Hester looked good, with some nice runs and 3 or 4 recpetions, one for about 40 yards. Cade Brandt had a nice catch as well. Ashland O-line did a good job against a muuuch bigger SV Dline. #74 for SV is a monster, gotta be 6'6 300lbs. Braxton Ratliff's younger brother Baron looked good at QB with one nice TD pass of about 50 yards. Ashland was missing 3 starters, Isaac Caines, Drew Fannin, and Spinda.

Great info! Thanks @Cobb18MKG14!

It was a good scrimmage. Defensive struggle. Ashland looked good against a really good looking team. Didn't look like SV got all their playmakers the ball. We, on the other hand, have really good playmakers and got them the ball is space. Brandt with a really good catch, going up over a defender. 74 Nester for SV looked like he rolled his ankle, and played sparingly. Adkins looked like he got a little hurt on his run. We were without 3 starters as well. Caines and Brandt, if Caines gets back in time, are going to be hard to deal with. Impressive.

So are you saying the score between the two varsity teams was 0-0 and the 27-7 was JV and less?

So are you saying the score between the two varsity teams was 0-0 and the 27-7 was JV and less?

That's what I was told, well 28-7, I was also told that Ashlands second string varsity players did have a score. I dont know which is correct but Spring Valley whipped Ashland in this scrimmage last season and both test ended up having really solid seasons, so I'll take it.