Cooper 28 Dixie Heights 0 (Scrimmage)

HOF

The Cooper offense was able to move the ball. Their defense looked pretty good, and will only look better when Spencer and Attabary suit up. The Jags had some energy tonight, and hopefully can keep an edge going into Friday’s opener at Highlands....

The Cooper offense was able to move the ball. Their defense looked pretty good, and will only look better when Spencer and Attabary suit up. The Jags had some energy tonight, and hopefully can keep an edge going into Friday’s opener at Highlands....

Next Friday you have a hungry Cooper team trying to leave a mark and you have a revamped Highlands team who is looking to prove a point. Let the fireworks begin. It should be a good one.

I thought the game was on Friday? Is that not correct?

Cooper Football's Twitter account had a tweet yesterday about "tonight's scrimmage" being at 7pm.

Probably moved to Cooper on Thursday night because of the problem with Dixie's turf being forced to be replaced.

As to the results of the scrimmage, that has to be very discouraging for Dixie fans.

So our question after Cooper's two scrimmages with Ryle and Dixie - how good is Ryle and/or how bad is Dixie?

I would say Cooper just needed a wake call. Ryle was that. They had a totally different energy.

Football is absolutely an emotional game. But, IMO energy doesn't make that big of a difference. Plus, when you are getting your butt kicked you never look like you have energy, even if you do. My guess is all the Dixie crowd is saying today that there was no energy on their sideline last night.

Football is absolutely an emotional game. But, IMO energy doesn't make that big of a difference. Plus, when you are getting your butt kicked you never look like you have energy, even if you do. My guess is all the Dixie crowd is saying today that there was no energy on their sideline last night.

Back in my coaching days we used to tell the kids that the energy is only there for the first series. After that it's what you know and what you do.