Hard Knocks: Cleveland Browns

Watched the first episode. Uneventful.

Jarvis Landry's "speech" felt like he was playing to the cameras.

Baker Mayfield seems likeable.

Jarvis Landry's hands are legit.

Willie McGinest looks like he could still put the pads on.

The DL giving the finance class on compound interest was interesting. I don't think his boys were completing buying in.

I was touched by the group hug.

Not all head coaches seem like good dues. Hue does.

Tough month for Hue. Lost his brother and his mom in the same month.

Did they show the "confrontation" between Hue and a couple of the Assistant Coaches who didn't like Hue giving time off to some who were nursing minor injuries? Haley especially called it out and basically Hue said it was his team. When they get their team they can do it the way they want.

Did they show the "confrontation" between Hue and a couple of the Assistant Coaches who didn't like Hue giving time off to some who were nursing minor injuries? Haley especially called it out and basically Hue said it was his team. When they get their team they can do it the way they want.

It wasn’t a confrontation. Wasn’t heated.

Listened to The Pat McAfee Show podcast today and he discussed the first episode of Hard Knocks. As someone that was in an NFL locker room, he railed against Hue and him as head coach. A few weeks ago when Pat looked at the talent on the team, he was convinced to take the "over" on wins. After watching Hard Knocks he is convinced to take the "under" as he thinks Hue is a terrible leader.

Interesting to hear an ex-NFLer's take on it.

Listened to The Pat McAfee Show podcast today and he discussed the first episode of Hard Knocks. As someone that was in an NFL locker room, he railed against Hue and him as head coach. A few weeks ago when Pat looked at the talent on the team, he was convinced to take the "over" on wins. After watching Hard Knocks he is convinced to take the "under" as he thinks Hue is a terrible leader.

Interesting to hear an ex-NFLer's take on it.

What were some of the issues cited by him that point to Hue being a terrible leader? Many sportswriters in Cleveland were/are very disappointed the Browns did not fire Hue after his horrendous 1st two years as Head Coach. Not all of it can be explained by the complete tear-down in talent that the Front Office orchestrated. So goes many stories written in Cleveland during and after the season.

What were some of the issues cited by him that point to Hue being a terrible leader? Many sportswriters in Cleveland were/are very disappointed the Browns did not fire Hue after his horrendous 1st two years as Head Coach. Not all of it can be explained by the complete tear-down in talent that the Front Office orchestrated. So goes many stories written in Cleveland during and after the season.

A few of the things I remember:

1) Hue at one point said something like “I’m going to win here.” Pat went off that he has never heard a coach talking about winning without saying “we are going to win”. The fact that Hue was focused on him winning and not the team winning was an issue.

2) Giving players days off way too early in camp.

3) The whole “you’re going to earn the stripe on your helmet” bit was too amateur and not professional to Pat. He said that is something you see in high school or college, not the NFL.

4) Hue trying to be too friendly with the players with all the dabs and what not.

Episodes 3 and 4 were much better. The rookie video productions were hilarious. Hue Jackson still looks clueless and my opinion of him as a head coach is not very strong.

Hue has looked really bad the entire series. Just looks clueless. Dude is meant to be a coordinator not a head coach.

Hue has looked really bad the entire series. Just looks clueless. Dude is meant to be a coordinator not a head coach.

If this is the case, then he is in a really hard spot. He has two of the most head-strong, opinionated, and self-confident assistants under him that a Head Coach could have... DC Gregg Williams and OC Todd Haley. Hue better get a clue or these two will eat his lunch.

If this is the case, then he is in a really hard spot. He has two of the most head-strong, opinionated, and self-confident assistants under him that a Head Coach could have... DC Gregg Williams and OC Todd Haley. Hue better get a clue or these two will eat his lunch.
If you ask me Todd Haley looks frustrated as hell with Hue every single episode and Gregg Williams hates everyone so it’s hard to gauge his approval of Hue so far, but I’d imagine it isn’t very high. Maybe it will work, but Hue is trying to be everyone’s friend and Haley and Williams are 100% about business. Maybe that will work but I doubt it. I think the good cop bad cop thing only works if the head coach is the bad cop.