Most Rushing Attempts - Single Season:

319 attempts; Cole Chadwick, 1998

Most Rushing Yards - Single Season:

1990 yards; Galen Healey, 1994

Most Rushing Attempts - Career:

715 attempts; Cole Chadwick 1998-2000

Most Yards Rushing - Career:

3,882 yards; Cole Chadwick 1998-2000

Thanks for the quick response CWB. Hard to believe their leading rusher is sub 4K but when you have talented teams it's not often you have a three year starter at RB.

I couldn't say for sure, but I believe Cole was the first true 3-year starter they ever had as a RB at Cov Cath. Casey McGinness would make the second.

All the other great names at running back...Rick Hornsby, Dave Brueggeman, Bob Bieger, Dave Wilson, Jude Hoffman, Mitchell Jobe, Galen Healy, Jeremy Madden, Tommy Fowee, Will Deters, Gabe Gray...some might have seen some action as sophomores, but none were true 3 year starters.

I couldn't say for sure, but I believe Cole was the first true 3-year starter they ever had as a RB at Cov Cath. Casey McGinness would make the second.

All the other great names at running back...Rick Hornsby, Dave Brueggeman, Bob Bieger, Dave Wilson, Jude Hoffman, Mitchell Jobe, Galen Healy, Jeremy Madden, Tommy Fowee, Will Deters, Gabe Gray...some might have seen some action as sophomores, but none were true 3 year starters.

I thought Madden and Fowee were kind of 3 year starters? As sophomores wasn't Fowee the main guy of the two and Cable played more of a fullback role? Then Madden surpassed Fowee junior year but it was still a duo. And then by senior year Madden was the guy and Fowee became a safety that played running back sometimes? That's how I thought it went down? Madden was really unassuming, super good running back but just looked like a regular dude.

I thought Madden and Fowee were kind of 3 year starters? As sophomores wasn't Fowee the main guy of the two and Cable played more of a fullback role? Then Madden surpassed Fowee junior year but it was still a duo. And then by senior year Madden was the guy and Fowee became a safety that played running back sometimes? That's how I thought it went down? Madden was really unassuming, super good running back but just looked like a regular dude.

This is correct. Madden and myself were actually running back by committee starting Freshman year. We would alternate possessions. Starting Sophmore year we did the same thing, however injuries plagued us both. Sophomore year was my most productive after healing from a separated shoulder and Madden hurt his ankle. Once he was out, about the 5th game on I was soley in the backfield behind Caple. Junior year we tried the Highland’s split back with the both of us but we’re not successful. Madden had one heck of a year while I played defense and offense. Going into senior year we split time for the first three or so games at tailback until my shoulder kept dislocating and I went strictly on the defensive side besides a few games when Madden tweaked his ankle. From that point on Madden lead the backfield and ultimately to a State Championship!! He was a great back one for sure top 5 in CCH history.

This is correct. Madden and myself were actually running back by committee starting Freshman year. We would alternate possessions. Starting Sophmore year we did the same thing, however injuries plagued us both. Sophomore year was my most productive after healing from a separated shoulder and Madden hurt his ankle. Once he was out, about the 5th game on I was soley in the backfield behind Caple. Junior year we tried the Highland’s split back with the both of us but we’re not successful. Madden had one heck of a year while I played defense and offense. Going into senior year we split time for the first three or so games at tailback until my shoulder kept dislocating and I went strictly on the defensive side besides a few games when Madden tweaked his ankle. From that point on Madden lead the backfield and ultimately to a State Championship!! He was a great back one for sure top 5 in CCH history.

So wait your freshman year the two of you were starting running backs for varsity or freshman team? I would have guessed Madden to be the best all time CCH RB.

So wait your freshman year the two of you were starting running backs for varsity or freshman team? I would have guessed Madden to be the best all time CCH RB.

Started Freshman and moved up to varsity after freshman season.

You could possibly be correct about best ever. I am just waiting to see what Casey McGinnis does this year and you also have to consider Gabe Gray since he almost broke the scoring record and actually only started two years. I think after this year Casey Mcginnis Will hold most of the rushing records along with scoring record’s besides most carries and most 100 yard games. You also can’t count out some of the running backs from the late 80s and early 90s. I would never take anything away from Madden‘s game. He was a beast to be reckoned with.

The late Galen Healy was the primary tailback in 94. The frosh backs eluded to earlier played some in the playoffs. I think he was referring to the Freshman team. They were quite a tandem.

The late Galen Healy was the primary tailback in 94. The frosh backs eluded to earlier played some in the playoffs. I think he was referring to the Freshman team. They were quite a tandem.

Correct! I would’ve loved to see what Galen could have done if he would’ve started for three years! He was so hard to take down with his low center of gravity and his quick feet! Madden and I only carried the ball a few times per game in the playoffs and did not get in the state game.

Started Freshman and moved up to varsity after freshman season.

You could possibly be correct about best ever. I am just waiting to see what Casey McGinnis does this year and you also have to consider Gabe Gray since he almost broke the scoring record and actually only started two years. I think after this year Casey Mcginnis Will hold most of the rushing records along with scoring record’s besides most carries and most 100 yard games. You also can’t count out some of the running backs from the late 80s and early 90s. I would never take anything away from Madden‘s game. He was a beast to be reckoned with.

Ran the ball w/ the mentality of a linebacker. I will never forget the last practice of the NKY All Star game prep. The safety from Newport had been talking trash all week to him, knowing that we weren't really going to hit. No pads, last day, last carry, what does Madden do? Runs right at and over him. Kind of a cheap shot, but also a closer glimpse at Madden. Funny dude as well.

Sorry about that...I didn't state that exactly as I should have. Jeremy & Tommy did both start for 3 years, in addition to moving up to varsity once the freshman season ended. I believe they both got 1994 state rings because of the move up.

But like CCHColonels44 said, neither Madden or Fowee spent 3 full years as the sole starting RB. That was the point I was trying to make when I said Chadwick was the first 3 year starter. After the 97 season, we were looking to have Matt Suedkamp start at RB. Matt was a 4-year track standout at Cov Cath, and after tweaking his leg early in the first game of the '98 season, he ended up stepping down off the football team. I never blamed him. He ended up going to college on a track scholarship. Anyway, Cole came in during the first game of his sophomore season, and started at RB every game after until he graduated.

Sorry about that...I didn't state that exactly as I should have. Jeremy & Tommy did both start for 3 years, in addition to moving up to varsity once the freshman season ended. I believe they both got 1994 state rings because of the move up.

But like CCHColonels44 said, neither Madden or Fowee spent 3 full years as the sole starting RB. That was the point I was trying to make when I said Chadwick was the first 3 year starter. After the 97 season, we were looking to have Matt Suedkamp start at RB. Matt was a 4-year track standout at Cov Cath, and after tweaking his leg early in the first game of the '98 season, he ended up stepping down off the football team. I never blamed him. He ended up going to college on a track scholarship. Anyway, Cole came in during the first game of his sophomore season, and started at RB every game after until he graduated.

That sir is true!! And Cole Chadwick was one heck of a back too!!!