BluegrassPreps Class 6A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

Class 6A

St. Xavier and Trinity at the top? Yeah, no shock there! Trinity has ruled 6A with an iron fist but the Tigers will look to turn the tide with former Bowling Green Head Coach Kevin Wallace taking over. St. Xavier will get the small school Catholic power DeSales in Wallace's 6A debut. Trinity will take on perennial Indiana powerhouse Carmel in the Indianapolis suburbs. Some newer faces start the season in the Top 10 such as Butler and Frederick Douglass. Butler added some new additions to a talented roster and will look to live up to the newfound hype against 5A Bullitt East.

1. Trinity at Carmel (IN)

2. St. Xavier at 2A #3 DeSales

3. Scott County vs. 5A North Bullitt

4. Male at Floyd Central (IN)

5. Butler vs. 5A Bullitt East

6. Manual at 3A #2 Central

7. Frederick Douglass vs. 4A #6 Wayne County at Danville (8/18)

8. Simon Kenton vs. Meade County

9. Central Hardin vs. 5A #2 Bowling Green at WKU (8/18)

10. Ballard vs. 3A #1 Boyle County at Mercer County (8/18)

There are definitely some interesting teams in this top ten and some outside the top 10 that maybe should be in. The questions for me here are:

Manual at #6? That is a big leap up from last year's 3-8 record.

Ballard at #10? I know they have talent, but they always have talent. 6-6 last year.

No Ryle in the top 10? 8-3 last year and a lot of talent and optimism this year.

I would like to hear other people's thoughts on those for starters.

There are definitely some interesting teams in this top ten and some outside the top 10 that maybe should be in. The questions for me here are:

Ballard at #10? I know they have talent, but they always have talent. 6-6 last year.

No Ryle in the top 10? 8-3 last year and a lot of talent and optimism this year.

Those are valid questions. I think Manual lost 7 games by single digits against tough schedule. They will be much improved this year.

Ballard looks good on paper but I’m not sold on them until they actually do something.

The good thing is that pre season ranking don’t mean much and these are just starting point. Will get better handle on the teams after couple of games.

I completely agree that Manual does not deserve the 6th spot. They went 3-8 and even though the majority of the losses were single digits, they still lost to weak teams like Eastern and Fern Creek. Out of their three wins they barely beat Ballard and Western, winning by only 1 point, and their only other win was against Seneca. I don't think they should be in the top ten at all until we see some proof they've improved.

I'm okay with Ballard at 10th for now, though I wouldn't be surprised by an early exit from the list for them.

I strongly agree that Ryle should be in the top ten. SK is in and Ryle beat them by 18 points last year.

Other than dropping Manual and putting in Ryle, it looks like a pretty solid list to me.

Strange SK at #8 but they have Ryle at #2 ahead of SK in the NKY preseason rankings.

The Power Rankings are the opinion of the author only, the BGP Rankings are the opinion of BGP.

Agree rankings are meaningless especially pre season. But interesting that opinions are that different. Very different. Someone is impressed with Ryle and someone isn’t. Very interesting. I’ll try to remember to give kudos to whoever is correct.

Agree rankings are meaningless especially pre season. But interesting that opinions are that different. Very different. Someone is impressed with Ryle and someone isn’t. Very interesting. I’ll try to remember to give kudos to whoever is correct.

Not really on Ryle, the Raiders were a topic of discussion and all the opinions were pretty close. And for the record we have the Raiders ranked 11th in our preseason rankings.

• 2 weeks later...