Newport Central Catholic/Covington Catholic (Scrimmage) Preview

This game is also a fund raiser for ALS. It’s being called Catholics vs ALS.

As for what we will see think that’s a good question. I think a different NCC team than last year and I’m sure a different CovCath team with the loss of AJ and few others. NCC with all new coaching I’m sure will have some hiccups first time out.

Covcath wins bit it's a scrimmage. Both teams making changes from last year. The Colonel's will test out a few new bodies to fill spots of key graduates. For NewCath look for Kelly all over and see how conditioned and disaplined they play. Ok light turned green got to go

In case anyone is not aware what this scrimmage game is raising money for.

Catholics versus ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease......

CovCath and NewCath will scrimmage this Friday, August 10 (Kickoff at 7pm) at CovCath in the 2nd annual fundraising event -- to bring awareness to ALS and to support Team B"elieve.

Team “B”elieve is an organization that was established to support Brian Eviston and his family financially, emotionally, and spiritually as “B” battles ALS, and also to support the broader ALS community (fund research for a cure and provide services to others affected).

Brian is a 1996 graduate of NCC and the brother of Eddie Eviston, current CovCath Head Coach and former NewCath Head Coach.

Regular game admission upon entry to the stadium.

I would imagine this will be a tough matchup for NewCath in the trenches, but I am interested to see what type of plays NewCath tries to run. New coaching staff hopefully brings some excitement to the offense. As for CovCath I am sure their running game will be strong again, but how will the new QB look?

Interesting coaching matchup Steve lickert (New Cath) Eddie Evingston (Cov Cath) been told both where great players.

Steve was an animal running the ball and at linebacker. Eddie had one of the best Sr. years in NewCath history and then the greatest college football career of maybe any QB ever. 44-1 as a starter, 3 NAIA National Players of the Year awards in a row...

Side note, they were teammates on Jr. Pro basketball teams and then again at Georgetown College.