Louisville City names John Hackworth as new head coach

Getslow

Currently the USA Under-17 team manager. Before that he was head coach of Philadelphia Union in MLS and before that he was also the USA U-17 manager.

Made the quarterfinals of last fall’s 2017 U-17 World Cup with a team that featured current USA first-team players Tim Weah of Paris St. Germain, Andrew Carleton of Atlanta United, and Josh Sergeant of Werder Bremen.

This is a really solid hire for the future development of the organization as the front office has made noise that they plan to start an academy that is built to compete. Hackworth will also be named Sporting Director and is darn near the PERFECT guy for that job.

Just a really, really nice hire by the guys running the show at Lou City.

When I saw the news of the hire, I was going to ask @Getslow what he thought of it. He's good with it, I'm good with it. :lol2:

He’s got the right pedigree and said all the right things during an introductory teleconference. Things have been pretty solid under Brad Estes, the new president, who was previously the club VP.

I especially loved that he couldn’t have an introductory press conference because he was down in Costa Rica working while his agent took care of contract negotiations. That’s the guy I want on the sideline.

Anythig can go wrong, but the signs are hugely positive and I’m excited.