BGP QOTD: If you could just win one?

Jumper_Dad

Let's say you could win one major individual sporting championship event, not a team event, and it was to be your only win in that sport...what would you choose and why?

Not looking for the one with the biggest prize money, but the one you would like to be known of as a champion the rest of your life.

Examples...

Masters, Wimbledon, BASS Master's Classic, World Series of Poker Main Event, Daytona, Indy, KY Derby, Tour de France, 100 meters in the Olympics or any of a thousand other titles you could win.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
Clarify question.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the money, would you still pick it?

I should have phrased the question better, but is that the one title you'd want to be known for (without the money), if so cool.

Absolutely. I love playing poker more than the rest of those choices. As soon as I saw that was an option I typed my answer.

Without the money, would you still pick it?

I should have phrased the question better, but is that the one title you'd want to be known for (without the money), if so cool.

Those other choices are more prestigious but at the end of the day a large amount of people will still have to use Google to tell you who won those other events in 2018.

Not even close for me, it's the British Open. I have been trying for 55 of my 72 years and haven't won it yet. Maybe next year. Did shoot 93 at Carnoustie and an 88 at Royal Portrush (next year's sight). Got just a little more tuning to do.