Sumoroyal--Total Knee Replacement Monday

sumoroyal

I will be having Total Knee Replacement in Lexington on Monday. I got hit by a car at 11 and ran my knee through the radiator. That started my knee problems and my knee had been really bad over the last five years. I had many shots in my knee just so I could keep walking. I will be turning 60 on Saturday and I get a new knee for my Birthday. could not get a better present. Just wanted to let all my BGP friends know what is ahead for me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my left one done three years ago. Glad I had it. I still have some stiffness when I set in a chair for a bit but it goes away after I get up a take a few steps. Good luck with yours.

One piece of advice. Make sure you do the physical therapy. Also, tell your physical therapist everything you feel or notice. They informed me that they have to retrain the muscles to work together again. That made my recovery so much easier.

Good luck sumo. I'm gonna have to follow suit one day but at only 33 years old the doctors are just trying to buy time with injections and knee scopes at this point.

Like NWO said, just stick with the physical therapy and you should be good.