Bohemian Rhapsody

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this could be really good. I’m surprised that something like this hasn’t been done yet.

I'm wondering if it had to do anything with the music rights. Probably had to be a pretty decent proposal to get whoever owns the rights to sign off on it. And let's face it, without the music...you got nothin'.

I'm wondering if it had to do anything with the music rights. Probably had to be a pretty decent proposal to get whoever owns the rights to sign off on it. And let's face it, without the music...you got nothin'.

Good point about the rights, that likely played a big role.

Good point about the rights, that likely played a big role.

There are 3 living members and Adam Lambert had been touring. But not sure if it was timing, approval, protecting the image of Freddie?

There are 3 living members and Adam Lambert had been touring. But not sure if it was timing, approval, protecting the image of Freddie?

Is John Deacon touring with them now? Last I recall he never had anything to do with the Paul Rogers version or any reunion tours.

Is John Deacon touring with them now? Last I recall he never had anything to do with the Paul Rogers version or any reunion tours.

The band that is touring now features "Queen and Brian Lambert" It mentions May and Taylor but no Deacon.

Rogers was 05-08

They are at the MGM in Vegas.

The band that is touring now features "Queen and Brian Lambert" It mentions May and Taylor but no Deacon.

Rogers was 05-08

They are at the MGM in Vegas.

After Freddie died I think Deacon walked away from the light.

It’s hard to say. Freddie’s image could have been a big one too with how private he was and with things being considered differently then compared to now.

Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing the movie. I am a Queen fan and grew up listening to their music since childhood.

The band has been the biggest issue with this movie being made, from my understanding. Everyone has been on board for doing a movie, but they wanted it to be about the BAND and studios and writers wanted the emphasis on Freddie. Brian May envisioned a scenario where Freddie died at the halfway point of the movie. Come on. Boring. Looks like they backed off of that sticking point. But it’s been several years in the making.

It looks good. I hope it meets my expectations.

Understand, I do not watch much TV or attend movie theaters. I remember the guy playing Freddie as the dip student in "Larry Crown".

He was great as Snafu in the series The Pacific.