St. Louis Manager Mike Matheny Fired

I'd take Matheny in Cincinnati.

You don’t want him.

He can’t manage a pen, his lineups make you shake your head, he double switched his 3 and 4 man all the time, and he never grew as a manager.

He got away with it when MO had more talent but as the talent went down his managerial skills he lacked was even more obvious.

You don’t want him.

He can’t manage a pen, his lineups make you shake your head, he double switched his 3 and 4 man all the time, and he never grew as a manager.

He got away with it when MO had more talent but as the talent went down his managerial skills he lacked was even more obvious.

And he seemed totally okay with his closer acting like a complete jerk in the clubhouse with regards to other players.

https://deadspin.com/extremely-cardinals-report-mike-matheny-respects-bud-n-1827528307

Girardi is Matheney 2.0 he was let go in New York because he had problems getting along with younger players. I really like Mike Matheney he is a class act. But, we all know he had a hard time not butchering a bullpen. I will say this his KMOX interview after being fired was one of the classiest interviews I have ever listened to. He understood that product that was being put on the field was his responsibility, whether it was his fault or not. I think it was a move that had to be made. I also think if Shildt wins the jobs will remain his. If not, don't be surprised to see Stubby or Pop take the reigns.