Ray's Stadium Plans

I attended 3 games at Tropicana Field. I didn't think it was that terrible. I like that it was unique and that I could actually hear the heckler behind home plate (I was in the outfield). It was also cool to see a pop fly hit something hanging from the ceiling during the middle of live action.

They don't have any funding in place though do they?

Not that I know of. I doubt they'll get it from the taxpayers of Hillsborough County or the state.

It looks like they are trying to force Tampa Bay's hand by coming up with this grandiose thing and putting it in Ybor. Instead, me thinks they'll get a foot. I'm thinking the Charlotte Rays in 2028.

It was built with the idea of drawing an MLB team as a tenant but it opened 8 years before the Rays began playing there.

It was basically used to scare other fan bases into financing new stadiums for their teams. It started with the White Sox, but funding for Pac Bell/AT&T Park and Safeco was obtained by waving the Trop around, too. In 1992, the Giants actually had a deal to relocate here, but backed out at the last minute.