"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Schnatter acknowledged, earlier today, that he used the n-word on a conference call with Papa John's executives and marketing consultants discussing how not to seem racist in the wake of Schnatter's comments regarding the NFL kneeling controversy.

Laundry Service, one of Papa Johns' company marketing agencies, has dropped the company since the May conference call.

He apologized for his use of the word earlier today, and has now resigned from the University of Louisville Board of Trustees.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of this info, will UofL be able to change the name of their football stadium? Or do they have to ride out the naming contract the University has with pizza man?

This is is an interesting question, and a related story... the high school field house that was to be named after him in his hometown of Jeffersonville has removed his name. The mayor of Jeffersonville is even Papa’s friend but said it had to go.

In light of this info, will UofL be able to change the name of their football stadium? Or do they have to ride out the naming contract the University has with pizza man?

I doubt they change the name, in part because it could be contractual, but also they'll be able to fall back on the statement that his personal beliefs/comments don't necessarily reflect those of the company, etc.

At this point, what sponsor touches the naming rights of anything UofL at this point.

I've never particularly loved it, but there are certainly a lot of worse pizzas out there. It's about as mediocre as it comes, if you ask me.

I'd take a $5 Little Ceasars over a PJ, just something about them I can't stand. Sauce us way too sweet.