Besides the Reds are there other fans on here?

Cubs. Don't post much because I'm not as "into it" as many are.

That being said, I always smile when I hear "bandwagon" comments. There are many such waggoneers, of course. The Brewers came up with a neat tweetBrrewers.jpg

But our father took us the 100 miles or so to Wrigley Field the first time in 1958. Grew up listening to all of the powerhouse AM baseball stations, but could listen to the Cubs (at least) 77 times a year during the daytime on WGN.

Edited by broadcaster
correcting grammar

Cubs. Don't post much because I'm not as "into it" as many are.

That being said, I always smile when I hear "bandwagon" comments. There are many such waggoneers, of course. The Brewers came up with a neat tweet[ATTACH]66665[/ATTACH]

But our father took us the 100 miles or so to Wrigley Field the first time in 1958. Grew up listening to all of the powerhouse AM baseball stations, but could listen to the Cubs (at least) 77 times a year during the daytime on WGN.

The Brewers are similar to the Reds in its the only insult they can fall back on now that the Cubs have recently won a World Series. It’s basically just being butthurt cause their fans are out numbered at home games when the Cubs are in town. It’s about as unoriginal of an “insult” as you can have.

The Brewers are similar to the Reds in its the only insult they can fall back on now that the Cubs have recently won a World Series. It’s basically just being butthurt cause their fans are out numbered at home games when the Cubs are in town. It’s about as unoriginal of an “insult” as you can have.

Come on now, you may be a diehard Cubs fan, but even you have to admit that the number of people who suddenly became fans two years ago was obscene. Same way in 2004 when the Red Sox won it. People who claimed they were fans couldn't tell you who Ernie Banks or Ted Williams were. I have absolutely no problem "making fun" of those people. They aren't in it for the baseball, they're in it because it's "cool" at the time.

As to there being (or not being) threads about other teams, I wish there'd be more of them. One caveat though, as long as it doesn't become a school-yard shouting match of "well OUR team has won more championships than yours" or "OUR team has won a championship more recently than yours". It seems like that's all some people are wanting to flaunt, and that gets old real quick.

Come on now, you may be a diehard Cubs fan, but even you have to admit that the number of people who suddenly became fans two years ago was obscene. Same way in 2004 when the Red Sox won it. People who claimed they were fans couldn't tell you who Ernie Banks or Ted Williams were. I have absolutely no problem "making fun" of those people. They aren't in it for the baseball, they're in it because it's "cool" at the time.

As to there being (or not being) threads about other teams, I wish there'd be more of them. One caveat though, as long as it doesn't become a school-yard shouting match of "well OUR team has won more championships than yours" or "OUR team has won a championship more recently than yours". It seems like that's all some people are wanting to flaunt, and that gets old real quick.

Every successful team will get some bandwagon fans. It’s just pathetic and shows a lack of creativity from the butthurt fan bases.