Finished planning 50th anniversary tour of New England

Oldercoach

The young Mrs. Oldercoach (a forever non-golfer) and I are going to be celebrating our 50th in August by touring New England. Going to kick it off by playing both Winged Foot and then Sleepy Hollow. Thought that would get things started right and then the clubs get put away for 15 days. My friends tell me the clubs should stay in Augusta. They're non-golfers, also.

If you enjoy history at all, I highly recommend going to Boston and walking the Freedom Trail. You can go at your own speed, we made almost a full day of it. My personal highlights were Granary Burying Ground, Paul Revere's house, and the USS Constitution. Nearby Quincy Market is interesting, and there are several places to get a good diner in the North End neighborhood.

If you enjoy history at all, I highly recommend going to Boston and walking the Freedom Trail. You can go at your own speed, we made almost a full day of it. My personal highlights were Granary Burying Ground, Paul Revere's house, and the USS Constitution. Nearby Quincy Market is interesting, and there are several places to get a good diner in the North End neighborhood.

Have done the Freedom Trail multiple times. Favorite stopping points were Old North Church and then the grave of Crispus Attucks.

Is that Augusta, ME or Augusta, GA?

That would be the real Atown....Augusta, Ky....and soon to be a dining mecca of No. Ky with the historical refurbishing and opening of the Beehive, Augusta Tavern. Come see us in late September.

I’m doing a fall Princess cruise up the east coast this year. Leaves NYC than hits boston, RI, Maine and a couple of spots in canada. Never done a vacation north of home. Looking forward to it.

Congrats on 50 yers. Truly amazing!!!

That would be the real Atown....Augusta, Ky....and soon to be a dining mecca of No. Ky with the historical refurbishing and opening of the Beehive, Augusta Tavern. Come see us in late September.

Gotcha....sounds like a happenin' burg. I think we dined at the Augusta Tavern when I attended a wedding in Maysville. Is it like 200 years old?

I've done the Quebec City/New England cruise on two occasions and thoroughly enjoyed it.

To Oldercoach, I would include Gloucester, Mass in my itinerary.

It is where they filmed the "Perfect Storm", in which Augusta native George Clooney starred as Billy Tyne on the ill-fated Andrea Gail.

Gloucester is still a working fishing port, and the Crow's Nest tavern, made popular in the movie is still there, a block or two from the docks.

Gotcha....sounds like a happenin' burg. I think we dined at the Augusta Tavern when I attended a wedding in Maysville. Is it like 200 years old?

Maybe 220. Original builder warranty might be little hard to expect being honored. But, golly these old structures have withstood a lot and are still standing.