Tropical Storm Beryl

nWo

I've been watching a system cross the Atlantic. I'm not saying it will reach the continental U.S. but I've noticed the chances of this system forming into a tropical system grow exponentially the past couple of days so I thought I would post this. We are a couple of weeks away so no danger to any appreciable landmass yet.

From the National Hurricane Center:

Satellite images indicate that the shower activity associated with a

small area of low pressure and a tropical wave located between

the Cabo Verde Islands and the Lesser Antilles remains well

organized, and a tropical depression could form at any time soon.

This disturbance is forecast to move westward or west-northwestward

at 15 to 20 mph over the tropical Atlantic Ocean. However, in a few

days, the upper-level winds are forecast to become unfavorable, and

the system is expected to degenerate into a trough of low pressure

before it approaches the Lesser Antilles.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.

two_atl_5d2.png

When would this hit the US? Just asking because we have a vacation to South Carolina in a few weeks

My question too?

It's way too early to tell the exact track. The following map shows the typical July tracks.

july.gif

Also, we are about a week or so away. It is now Tropical Storm Beryl. I'll update later this evening.

144424_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

I'll be keeping very close attention to this as well. I'll be in Hilton Head, SC July 14th to the 21st.

You might want to keep a close eye on this storm system.

* If the storm is forecast to dissipate within 3 days, the "Full Forecast" and "3 day" graphic will be identical.

Right now they are identical. So what's the ups, weather wrassler? Is this a thing or not a thing?

A friend's son is moving down here from Whitley County tomorrow, staying with Mrs. S and me until he can find a place of his own. We gonna get his feet wet right off the bat?

* If the storm is forecast to dissipate within 3 days, the "Full Forecast" and "3 day" graphic will be identical.

Right now they are identical. So what's the ups, weather wrassler? Is this a thing or not a thing?

A friend's son is moving down here from Whitley County tomorrow, staying with Mrs. S and me until he can find a place of his own. We gonna get his feet wet right off the bat?

I just got back home from Lexington and took a quick look at the latest forecast for Beryl. It is forecast to become a hurricane by Friday or Saturday. Then maybe degenerate after passing the Lesser Antilles. So we'll have to wait and see if it does indeed degenerate from hurricane strength. It actually caught the National Hurricane Center by surprise because it gained strength so quickly. So everything is up in the air for now. I'll be watching it.

202017_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Tiny Beryl has become a hurricane. Maximum sustained winds are 75 mph with movement west at 14 mph. Some additional strengthening is forecast for later today. Beryl is forecasted to quickly weaken by late Saturday and become a tropical storm.

085919_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Beryl is no longer a tropical system but it is forecast to regenerate later in the week. For now, there appears Beryl poses no danger to the U.S. mainland. Those who may be planning a vacation in the Bahamas or have interest in that area should keep an eye on this system.

two_atl_5d1.png

Beryl is no longer a tropical system but it is forecast to regenerate later in the week. For now, there appears Beryl poses no danger to the U.S. mainland. Those who may be planning a vacation in the Bahamas or have interest in that area should keep an eye on this system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66658[/ATTACH]

Ugh, that's the track of the storm that i didn't want to see. South Carolina seems too close.