Open Job: Mason County

Per the Ledger Independent's Jared MacDonald on Twitter:

"Mason County High School has an immediate opening for head baseball coach, per co-athletic director Chris Ullery, who says the Mason County Athletic Department will have no further comment."

Outgoing coach Tom Posey went 116-90-1 in seven seasons.

Royals looking for new baseball coach | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Coach Posey. He is one of the really good guys in the coaching field. He definitely deserved better. Guy lives and breathes baseball. Good Luck coach!

You make it sound like he got fired. Do you know that to be true? Cause I don't.

He got let go. Sure he won district champions in a bad district with 3 All A schools, Augusta, St Pat, and Bracken County. Bracken County winning district in 2012 and 2015. I think Mason County has severely underachieved with Posey as the head coach. Having two Division 1 pitchers and not winning a game in the region, and getting swept by Bracken County in 2015 isn't acceptable for Mason County standards. Coaching for 7 seasons and won only one game in the region, with over 20 kids going to play college baseball.

He got let go. Sure he won district champions in a bad district with 3 All A schools, Augusta, St Pat, and Bracken County. Bracken County winning district in 2012 and 2015. I think Mason County has severely underachieved with Posey as the head coach. Having two Division 1 pitchers and not winning a game in the region, and getting swept by Bracken County in 2015 isn't acceptable for Mason County standards. Coaching for 7 seasons and won only one game in the region, with over 20 kids going to play college baseball.

Mason Co has only won 3 region games since 2006.

Seems like he coached right up to par.