Thailand Cave Rescue: Boys found alive after 9 days

Pura Vida

1) Just from reading the headline of the thread, thank goodness they found them!

2) What happened? I read the article attached but that’s more about the rescue and not how they ended up there.

It sounds like they had soccer practice in a park complex and afterward planned to spend the afternoon in the nearby cave trails. The saddest part (before their discovery) were the pictures of their empty bikes lined up in the park.

According to reports they have about 10 days to get the kids out. The water levels aren’t expected to drop until October...

Rain is in the forecast, these young souls are going to have to learn a scuba crash course. Keep the prayers coming!

Crazy story. Found alive, yet they can't bring them out just yet. Must be gut wrenching for the parents. They don't want them to scuba out since it is too dangerous and they might kill themselves or the divers in a state of panic.

Crazy story. Found alive, yet they can't bring them out just yet. Must be gut wrenching for the parents. They don't want them to scuba out since it is too dangerous and they might kill themselves or the divers in a state of panic.

According to reports none of the kids can even swim. It doesn’t get worse than this. Maybe by some miracle they can drill and vertically extract them, but reports indicate they’re 2.5 miles in and the cave stretches up to 6 miles and varies in elevation.

I think they are going to have to dive.

According to reports none of the kids can even swim. It doesn’t get worse than this. Maybe by some miracle they can drill and vertically extract them, but reports indicate they’re 2.5 miles in and the cave stretches up to 6 miles and varies in elevation.

I think they are going to have to dive.

I was wondering about the drilling option. Guess you answered that. Maybe a combination of drilling a diving to that area? Is there a water tight bubble they could put a kid in and pull it out? Maybe knock the kids out first so the panic level is gone?

I was wondering about the drilling option. Guess you answered that. Maybe a combination of drilling a diving to that area? Is there a water tight bubble they could put a kid in and pull it out? Maybe knock the kids out first so the panic level is gone?

The final plan hasn’t been released but that would be perfect, if they could drill somewhere nearby, to shorten the dive distance.

I’ve done some very basic scuba diving and can’t imagine how challenging this would be if they have to dive the entire way out. These were Thai Navy Seals who went in.