White Sox at Reds (7/2 - 7/4)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where Riggleman shows me what he's got. Absolutely no excuse for this team to take it's foot off the gas right now. They've beat the teams they weren't supposed to...now to beat the ones they ARE supposed to. Need to do the same thing that they did against the Royals and Tigers. Taking 2 of 3 from the White Sox should be a given...but, a sweep should definitely be their goal, especially at home. Because the next 9 won't be as easy.

After splitting 2-2 with the division leader, I think that justified another start for me. Need the Reds to take care of business and keep things rolling.

And let's note there was no jinx effect ... although LRCW will claim they would have swept the Brewers like the did the Cubs if I had said nothing. ;)

This is where Riggleman shows me what he's got. Absolutely no excuse for this team to take it's foot off the gas right now. They've beat the teams they weren't supposed to...now to beat the ones they ARE supposed to. Need to do the same thing that they did against the Royals and Tigers. Taking 2 of 3 from the White Sox should be a given...but, a sweep should definitely be their goal, especially at home. Because the next 9 won't be as easy.

Do we really think this team is playing this well because of Riggelman? Did everyone start hitting better because of Riggelman? What did Riggelman have to do with the return of Hernandez and Lorenzen to the bullpen? I won't totally discount Riggelman - let's add 2 wins to the win column for him moving Schebler to leadoff and shuffling the batting order. What else has he done?

Do we really think this team is playing this well because of Riggelman? Did everyone start hitting better because of Riggelman? What did Riggelman have to do with the return of Hernandez and Lorenzen to the bullpen? I won't totally discount Riggelman - let's add 2 wins to the win column for him moving Schebler to leadoff and shuffling the batting order. What else has he done?

I'd say it has a heck of a lot more to do with them getting healthy.

Even with a nice streak and the holiday, attendance isn't looking to increase. Projected attendance was only 15K for tonight and I doubt its much higher on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Probably would have been a little higher if Pendleton Co/NKU Grad Nate Jones wasn't on the DL. Might be out until after All Star break.

Nope...I never said that. But, this series with the White Sox is one where other bottom dwellers would rest on their laurels after what they've done against the Cubs, Braves and Brewers. And when you couple it with the road trip before the All-Star game, it'd be an easy series to overlook. Call it a "trap" series if you want. And, to me, this is what the manager needs to make sure they don't fall into. Keep holding their feet to the fire. Don't look ahead.

No, Suarez missing 16 games in April had a huge impact.

OnBaseMachine

@redsfan_Brandon

Current NL OBP leaders:

1.) Votto - .433

6.) Suarez - .389

9.) Winker - .383

You have to go all the way back to 1976 to find three or more Cincinnati Reds hitters in the top 10 in on-base percentage. Morgan, Rose, Griffey, and Geronimo ranked 1, 3, 4, and 6. #Reds