New Home For MJ

MJAlltheWay24

I am sitting on the small hill across from my condo tonight. My pup and I often sit here after I vend a Reds game and have a beer or two. Been here six years (only three for Booker) but we move tomorrow.

My wife and I built a brand new home in Alexandria and we close on it tomorrow morning. Its bittersweet leaving my condo in Cold Spring, but its time for bigger and better things. Excited for whats next.

I wanted to share the closing and opening of these chapters of my life with my BGP family because some of you have watched me grow from a cocky high school athlete, to the man I am today (15 years. Almost half my life on BGP). Had some heartbreaks on fields and courts. Had some heartbreaks in relationships. Got married to a great gal. Won the BGP leage. And somehow I became the best beer vendor in Cincinnati (no exaggeration) haha!

Its been a fun ride and I am glad to share another milestone with you guys!

It will take a while for the new place to feel like home. My wife and I lived in our 1st house for 12 years. It took about a year for the new place to feel like home. I even turned down my old road a few times by accident coming home from work.

Thanks for sharing your world with us. Keep moving forward and enjoy your new beginning in your house. But if you feel sad about leaving your old condo, then Congratulations! Because the sadness means you created a great life and some great memories there. Now go do the same at your new place!

Congrats, this resonates with me completely. I've lived in my condo for 16 years but it is time to move on. We close in two weeks and as it gets closer I seem to get a little more emotional. I have so many memories here and I'm anticipating great memories in my new home but I will likely shed a tear or two before I go.