Jameis Winston suspended 3 games for Uber incident

Today, I am formally renouncing my love and fandom of Jameis Winston. He’s been canceled. He doesn’t deserve to play in the NFL and if the NFL has any testicular fortitude they would ban him for life.

Even worse is that his suspension is for not reporting the incident. Nevermind that he doubled down on lies about the incident only to apologize to the Uber driver about the incident.

He’s sorry as hell and I hate that I spent time defending him. He’s clearly got issues that run deeper than immaturity. He should be banned. Period.

From what I read of the story, the three game suspension is a negotiated number between the NFL and Winston's team, thus why he will not appeal. In his statement he says he disagrees with the NFL's punishment.

But yet he apologizes to the Uber driver. He’s a sorry human being.

I think all suspensions of this type should include the post season as well. In the grand scheme of things 3 or 4 games out of 16 doesn't really hurt that much. The player gets all of the preseason work then a few weeks of and then comes in fresh. A post season ban added to in season punishment would be more of a deterrent IMO.

I havent seen what he did yet, but a celebrity using Uber is a recipe for disaster. Pay and have a hired driver to call 24/7.

He groped a female Uber driver when she came and picked him up. Knowing he did that I can’t help but feel like he is guilty of rape and got away with it when he was at FSU.

He groped a female Uber driver when she came and picked him up. Knowing he did that I can’t help but feel like he is guilty of rape and got away with it when he was at FSU.

I think that's where pretty much everyone's mind has gone with it.

There are those around here who still don't believe the evidence of him lying, which to me is obvious. They are mostly FSU fans. "Everybody is out to get him", they say. It amazes me.

Folks are crazy these days. They’ll stick by their guy regardless of what their guy does. Craziness. I hope FSU disassociates themselves from him but I know they won’t. They should though. Fast.

Someone refresh my memory. What happened with Ben Roethlisberger and how was he penalized when he committed his sexual assault? How does that situation compared with this one?

Ben was suspended six games, later cut to two upon appeal. This was also before the recent sexual assault policy the NFL adopted three years ago.