Going to Start Scheduling The Trip To Thailand For My Stem Cell Treatments.........

BFritz

I think I mentioned it, but, after being rejected from the stem cell trial in the United States, I started applying to places in other countries (I know I mentioned applying in Germany and places in Europe).

I applied to a place centered in China that claims to be the largest stem cell distributor in the world and I was approved!

They have hospitals all over the world so I have to go to Thailand to have the injections done.

Here is most of my Facebook post about it:

Still planning on going in February, but I talked to my family and told them that I'd like to start looking into everything to get these stem cell injections in Thailand and they seem alright with it (as long as everything ends up being as being as quality as they seem).

I also emailed my doctor from Children's to make sure that he thinks that this company and these treatments are legit because, while it all looks professional and medically sound, him verifying that everything is good to go gives me more confidence and helps put my family at ease.

I've been telling everyone that I'll get 25 days worth of stem cell injections into my brain, but I actually only have to be there for 25 days and get 6 stem cell injections into my brain.

For the first time, I'm actually kind of nervous about everything, which is weird because, even when I applied to get the treatment in the trial and still didn't know much about it, I wasn't nervous at all. I'm not nervous about the treatment or about it not working because I love my life as-is, but I guess it's just the unknown of it all and how my life could change because I love the life that I've built.

I have friends that said they'll go over in shifts since people just can't up and leave the country for a month, and my family is either busy with being new parents and working or being grandparents (plus I don't think my mom and dad would fare too well at their age in over there).

Still a lot to plan and a lot that needs to be figured out, but please keep me in your prayers if you're the praying type!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with everything. I've always wanted to visit Thailand, maybe you have too, wish it was under better circumstances.

Better circumstances?! There couldn’t possibly be any better circumstance!

What happened to me happened and I’m not bitter and I don’t sit around all sad or anything, but this is (could be) life-changing!

I don't know you so can I ask what is wrong with you?

When I was 15, my 15-year-old best friend got drunk and drove us into a tree in the cemetery. I suffered a traumatic brain injury (among other things), and was in a three month coma, during which I was declared brain dead.

I woke up from the coma unable to walk or talk at all.

Now, I can walk a little bit (just ten feet or so unless I use a walker) and can talk a little bit (I normally use a little computer that talks for me, which there's a video on the website below).

You can see more on my website here, but that's the basics.

Prayers and angels are with you

Thank you very much!

Wow, very good luck with your new treatment. Let's us know how it goes. What happened to your friend?

He and the passenger, who was my other best friend, both walked away without a bruise.

Good luck Brad! And...your parents are NOT that old!

Too old to be making trips to Thailand! :lol:

My mom's still the most beautiful woman in the universe, but she's loving being a grandma and just relaxing, and my father, who is still the greatest man I've ever known, just wouldn't hold up over there with all his medical problems. He's also loving being a grandpa and just enjoying retirement, so I wouldn't want to drag them away from that for a month.

A friend said he'd go over with my brother, so now it looks like we have (possibly) three weeks of the 25 days covered!

My brother said he's going to look at everything and then we're going to talk about it as a family in a week.

Better circumstances?! There couldn’t possibly be any better circumstance!

What happened to me happened and I’m not bitter and I don’t sit around all sad or anything, but this is (could be) life-changing!

Love the attitude! Maybe send some pics if you get the chance?