Boyle County vs. Ballard: Little Caesar's Fort Harrod Bowl (8/18)

I wanted to get an early start with the BGPreps Nation.....

one of the BEST games of the season will be when the defending 3A State Champion Boyle County Rebels take on the Louisville Ballard Bruins. The Rebels have several D1 prospects. The Bruins have FOUR guys with offers from the University of Kentucky. To put that in perspective, as good of players that I have coached over 30 years, I've only had THREE the entire time get an offer from the Wildcats (Mason County... Harry Lewis, Dustin Grutza, & Josh Harris). Ballard has FOUR on one team?!?! Crazy stuff!

Game time is 5 pm, Saturday, 8/18.

We also believe the 2nd game will be a good one when we (Mercer County) take on a very good John Hardin team. The 2018 Titan seniors are making history.... they are the first group in school history to have the same head coach for all four seasons of HS! We still have plenty of work ahead of us and room to improve, but we are most definitely making progress and getting Titan Football moving in the right direction.

This bowl gate is HUGE for the entire Mercer County Titan Athletic Program. Alvis Johnson Field is a great venue....new lighting from just a few years ago, bleachers that are only three seasons old, and a GREAT bermuda surface!

Kickoff the 2018 Season in Harrodsburg for a GREAT night of KY HS FOOTBALL!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyle and Ballard has to be one of the premier match ups of all the bowl games, if not the best. Both teams deserve a lot of credit for making this game a reality, as well as Mercer. Not many teams are willing to take on such a quality opponent this early in the season. Should be a full stadium to watch this one. Can't wait.

Glad you got this going early ChiefSmoke. I can believe that football is just around the corner. I believe that both games will be good game but the first game is great way to open up the season. You have the potential to have at least 7-8 kids, if not more, with D-1 offers and that will make for a great game.

Both games are well worth the price of admission. Glad Boyle was able to get a quality opponent in Ballard. The Boyle/Ballard will have college talent all over the field! The Mercer/John Hardin will be a great benchmark for the Titans.

Pray for good weather @ChiefSmoke and you should make bank on this one!!

According to Ballard's Hudl page, former CAL QB Austin Carr is now enrolled there. If Carr is a Bruin in 2018, it would surely alleviate the loss of Terrance May to some degree. He'd have a field day playing pitch and catch with Elijah Downing.

I think Boyle's still gonna be too much to handle tho.

Carr's listed on Ballard's roster on both HUDL and MaxPreps, so I'm fairly confident it's a done deal.

One of the top-five transfers so far this year. Walker Parks (Notre Dame just offered) going from Lexington Christian to Frederick Douglass and Freddy Douglass also getting a D-I commit at quarterback (Cam Sizemore) were two others.

Ballard has individual talent galore, but not sure of their team cohesion. Ballard lost to a Manual team that fell apart and Ballard got blanked by Central Hardin (went to OT with a Meade County team which lost 5-of-6 to end the season).