Boyle County 2018

Ram

I think Boyle has a solid plan in place to rebuild the Offensive front. It may take some time, but with all of the playmakers Boyle will put on the field, the Rebels should be poised to make a deep, deep run into the playoffs.

The bigger question will be upperclassmen leadership....who will step up?

Repeat is a definite possibility.

Boyle will have some of their linemen going both ways in certain situations in big games. I really don't see a problem at all with their line play. I know we lost some great seniors, but many of these younger kids have grown up since the end of last season. We have coaches on the staff that can have these young guys ready if anyone can.

Boyle County 2018 Schedule

Aug 18, 18 Ballard @ Mercer County (Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl)

Aug 25, 18 Franklin County - HOME (Rebel Bowl)

Aug 31, 18 Danville - HOME

Sep 7, 18 Wayne County - AWAY

Sep 14, 18 Collins - HOME

Sep 21, 18 North Hardin - AWAY

Oct 5, 18 Garrard County - HOME

Oct 12, 18 Lexington Catholic - AWAY

Oct 19, 18 Western Hills - AWAY

Oct 26, 18 Mercer County - HOME

That first game could be a barn burner! Anxious to see how Boyles O line and D line look this year. Senior Ned Stephens will likely move to center and is already getting attention from the collage ranks with an offer from Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati. Seniors Aaron Hatter and Cameron Gwinn will anchor the defensive line and with their height and speed the question marks that exist now could quickly become exclamation points come August.

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to this season. I believe we're going to watch a lot of teams :isurrender: early.

No worries about the O-line from me. Boyle will be just fine IMO with the players that will fill in.

The obvious question is in the trenches but if any coaching staff can get an OL and DL on the same page quickly it’s this one. The not so obvious question is how the junior playmakers will handle the success from last year and their success on the camp circuit this off season. Will Reese, Reed, Landon, Wilson & company remember to stay within the offense and defensive schemes? Will they try to do too much and force things that aren’t there? If they can stay within the offense and take what the defense gives them and on the other side stay true to their reads and be disciplined this team will be scary good.

The obvious question is in the trenches but if any coaching staff can get an OL and DL on the same page quickly it’s this one. The not so obvious question is how the junior playmakers will handle the success from last year and their success on the camp circuit this off season. Will Reese, Reed, Landon, Wilson & company remember to stay within the offense and defensive schemes? Will they try to do too much and force things that aren’t there? If they can stay within the offense and take what the defense gives them and on the other side stay true to their reads and be disciplined this team will be scary good.

I would lean to scary good!

I would lean to scary good!

I second that. The offense has so many weapons. The offensive line will find itself. The defense has a great secondary and some key pieces on the line and the linebackers position.

If they aren't scary good starting off the season then wait til the playoffs when this team has completely gelled.

Yeah. The DLine will be anchored by Aaron Hatter and Wilson Kelly won’t it? Will those two play both lines?

If so then scary good will happen.

Hell, either way I expect scary good with this talent and this coaching staff.

I've heard of Kelley maybe going both ways but haven't heard anything on Hatter.