College World Series

2-3-Zone

Arkansas just blew their first title. Had a fly ball drop foul between 3 hogs that would have ended the game. Same batter gets a base hit to tie the game and the next batter hits a 2 run shot. See if the Hogs can bounce back in the bottom of the 9th

I know those 3 Razorbacks that allowed that series winning routine pop up foul ball to drop between them and give Oregon State extra life have to feel about as bad as bad gets right now. It’s probably cost them the national championship. The Beavers will throw the lights out freshman that saw a couple of innings tonight in Game 3 and that’ll be the end of the the story.

I know those 3 Razorbacks that allowed that series winning routine pop up foul ball to drop between them and give Oregon State extra life have to feel about as bad as bad gets right now. It’s probably cost them the national championship. The Beavers will throw the lights out freshman that saw a couple of innings tonight in Game 3 and that’ll be the end of the the story.

You are right, cant imagine how bad those young men feel, it looked like they all were deferring to the other as to who should make a play on the ball. I'm not a baseball guru, who should have taken charge of making that play, I would assume the second baseman, but am not sure.

You are right, cant imagine how bad those young men feel, it looked like they all were deferring to the other as to who should make a play on the ball. I'm not a baseball guru, who should have taken charge of making that play, I would assume the second baseman, but am not sure.

I think the right fielder and 1st baseman both thought the 2nd baseman had it, and he did, he just overran it. On a ball like that, it's either the right fielder or 2nd baseman as it's hardest for the 1st baseman.

Looked to me like the problem on the play is the second baseman took charge and then overran the ball. First baseman was setting up to make the catch then the 2B comes running in flailing arms like he was calling everyone off and the 1B stopped to give the 2B room. Balls like that often have big spin on them and you have to keep the ball out front of you to let it come back to you. If the 2B let's the 1B make the play and doesn't call him off, I think the 1B makes the catch and Arkansas is the champion.

After that, there was little doubt Oregon St. would win with the pitcher they had on the mound for game 3. First round draft pick stud. He's really good and that was in Arkansas' heads on top of everything else.

RF, 2B, and then 1B in that order.