New Bengal QB Logan Woodside arrested for DUI by the Bellevue Kentucky PD

Bengals quarterback Logan Woodside was arrested and charged with DUI on June 9th in Newport, Kentucky, according to police records. He was booked at 3:46 am ET by the Bellevue Police Department.

Officers initially spotted Woodside driving 10 mph over the speed limit before pulling him over. Police then determined Woodside was operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.

Bengals QB Logan Woodside arrested on DUI charge - Cincy Jungle

I will never understand why NFL players do these things.

I assume the Bengals will go ahead and cut him right away since he was a long shot at best to make the roster.

I also see it was Drugs and not Alcohol. The NFL will probably slam him too.

What a shame...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

"Officer was sitting in the outside area of UDF when a blue SUV came through the parking lot at a high rate of speed. When I walked up to the vehicle the driver had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage, and he had glassy eyes. Subject was able to exit the vehicle OK but had minor troubles counting backward, and with finger dexterity. During the HGN (Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus) test subject should clues for impairment. Subject had trouble with his walk and turn, and counting during the test. Subject was unable to complete the one leg stand. Subject took the BA (Blood Alcohol) test after attempting to contact an attorney and declined a test at his own expense. Breath: .112."

The officer cited Woodside for driving greater than 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.

Doesn’t say anything about drugs.

Just a word to the wise. Im in there around 5:20am M-F and there is more often than not a Bellevue officer and enough times a Dayton officer either inside talking or in the parking lot. I'd bet it is safe to say they do the same on the weekends.

I’ll also say that officer needs to work on his DUI citation narratives.

I know right.

I was thinking "Rookie" get your act together! But seriously, the narrative contains enough to give us a picture of what happened.

Bengals quarterback Logan Woodside was arrested and charged with DUI on June 9th in Newport, Kentucky, according to police records. He was booked at 3:46 am ET by the Bellevue Police Department.

Officers initially spotted Woodside driving 10 mph over the speed limit before pulling him over. Police then determined Woodside was operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.

Bengals QB Logan Woodside arrested on DUI charge - Cincy Jungle

I will never understand why NFL players do these things.

I assume the Bengals will go ahead and cut him right away since he was a long shot at best to make the roster.

I also see it was Drugs and not Alcohol. The NFL will probably slam him too.

What a shame...

The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

"Officer was sitting in the outside area of UDF when a blue SUV came through the parking lot at a high rate of speed. When I walked up to the vehicle the driver had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage, and he had glassy eyes. Subject was able to exit the vehicle OK but had minor troubles counting backward, and with finger dexterity. During the HGN (Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus) test subject should clues for impairment. Subject had trouble with his walk and turn, and counting during the test. Subject was unable to complete the one leg stand. Subject took the BA (Blood Alcohol) test after attempting to contact an attorney and declined a test at his own expense. Breath: .112."

The officer cited Woodside for driving greater than 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.

Doesn’t say anything about drugs.

Thanks Rocket, according to that it is Alcohol only.

You can bounce right back from this Logan.

It goes without saying it's a poor personal decision on Woodside's part. It really goes without saying that it's moronic to do something like this when you face long odds to make an NFL team and build a career. Has the rookie symposium happened yet?