Hoosier Hysteria: History of Indiana High School Basketball

I came across this in looking to see who won last nights All-Star game. It is a good read. Below is the link to the story: Check out the video of some of the iconic gyms in Indiana that are still standing. Also check out some of pictures of Indiana HS Basketball. Two especially interesting ones are number #59 and #60. these are actual pictures of the Milan team from the movie Hoosier and the team they defeated Muncie Central inn the championship game.

Hoosier Hysteria: Indiana High School basketball history in one spot

I came across this in looking to see who won last nights All-Star game. It is a good read. Below is the link to the story: Check out the video of some of the iconic gyms in Indiana that are still standing. Also check out some of pictures of Indiana HS Basketball. Two especially interesting ones are number #59 and #60. these are actual pictures of the Milan team from the movie Hoosier and the team they defeated Muncie Central inn the championship game.

Hoosier Hysteria: Indiana High School basketball history in one spot

I actually just drove past the Gym in Knightstown that was used as the "Hickory Huskers" home gym in Hoosiers, 15 minures ago. My aunt and uncle live about 500 yards away from it. There is also a large mural on the main street through town of the characters from the movie.

Just a few miles away in New Castle is the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame and next to it the country's largest high school gym.

I actually just drove past the Gym in Knightstown that was used as the "Hickory Huskers" home gym in Hoosiers, 15 minures ago. My aunt and uncle live about 500 yards away from it. There is also a large mural on the main street through town of the characters from the movie.

Just a few miles away in New Castle is the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame and next to it the country's largest high school gym.

I agree the New Castle gym is one of the largest in the country, but it is not the largest.

It was for over 50 years, I guess something could have passed it. Which one is bigger?

I stand to be corrected. I thought I had read the largest building was in Arizona, but I can't locate the source to back that up. I was at the New Castle gym 3 or 4 yrs. ago, still a nice place.

I stand to be corrected. I thought I had read the largest building was in Arizona, but I can't locate the source to back that up. I was at the New Castle gym 3 or 4 yrs. ago, still a nice place.

I looked this morning, they still had the sign up...:lol2:

Bath County is playing at the Hoosier Gym next season vs Louisville Collegiate.