Montana Fouts named Miss Softball

One particular group who disagrees and have made their presence quite known on social media.

Opinions are like certain body parts......we all have them, some just smell worse than others. LOL Montana is the best HS softball pitcher I have seen (in person). I wish her well at Alabama. Congratulations Ms. Fouts! Go kick some SEC butt.

Sullivan has done everything to earn being mentioned here. But, Fouts has broken just about every record she could break this year. To me it was hers when she pitched as well as she did in the state tournament. We all knew how good she was but we wanted to see it against the top teams, and I think she showed what she was made of. Sullivan has beaten everyone and make no mistake she is as deserving and as good as anyone IMO. The problem is it just was the wrong year for her, because she was up against a player like Fouts. The argument I have for Sullivans' case is the level of competition Scott County plays compared to East Carter. This is kind of a flawed thinking on my part though. Let's put it this way could Scott County have won the title without Sullivan? Would East Carter be in the tournament without Fouts?

Sullivan has done everything to earn being mentioned here. But, Fouts has broken just about every record she could break this year. To me it was hers when she pitched as well as she did in the state tournament. We all knew how good she was but we wanted to see it against the top teams, and I think she showed what she was made of. Sullivan has beaten everyone and make no mistake she is as deserving and as good as anyone IMO. The problem is it just was the wrong year for her, because she was up against a player like Fouts. The argument I have for Sullivans' case is the level of competition Scott County plays compared to East Carter. This is kind of a flawed thinking on my part though. Let's put it this way could Scott County have won the title without Sullivan? Would East Carter be in the tournament without Fouts?

I'd say Scott County would be a lot closer to winning the championship than East Carter would be to even making the tournament.

East Carter would not have won the 16th Region the past 3 years without Montana. They would've been competitive but would not have been what they were with Fouts. JMHO