Highlands - 1,014

South Oldham - 1,340

Paintsville - 240

Christian County - 1,241

Campbell County - 1,454

McCraken County - 2,032

Madison Central - 1,969

Bowling Green - 1,237

Each schools enrollment for 2017-18. 10 schools with an enrollment over 1,000. And only two schools with an enrollment below 800.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. But when 10 of your schools have 1,000 kids in it, something needs to change. A small school in a good year is still almost never good enough to beat a big school in a bad year.

OK so there is two tournaments what is the issue?

It's hard to make a decision based one years enrollment numbers. I'd need to see several years worth of enrollment numbers to see how this trend is going.

Has nothing to do with enrollment numbers. KHSAA doesnt want to change the structure of the post season tournaments, which they would have to do. It means more work for them.

The more athletes are required for a sport, the more the need for classification IMO.

This. Most of the sports (baseball, softball, soccer, track, FOOTBALL, etc.) make sense. Not so for basketball, volleyball, golf. And I never did understand why cross-country is classified.

Has nothing to do with enrollment numbers. KHSAA doesnt want to change the structure of the post season tournaments, which they would have to do. It means more work for them.

I meant it's hard for me to make an informed decision, just looking at one seasons numbers.