KBA no longer operating the Kentucky Basketball Academy at 273 Ruccio Way

From Facebook:

KBA Sports

3 hrs ·

KBA Announcement Effective Immediately:

Hi everyone we have an announcement to make we are very aware rumors have been swirling for some time but haven’t been able to make any announcements regarding them until today. Due to Judge Goodwines ruling KBA Sports Inc will no longer be operating out of the Kentucky Basketball Academy at 273 Ruccio Way. We will however continue to operate as normally as we can at other venues it will take some time to find a new normal footing for us but we appreciate everyone’s support and understanding through this difficult time we think of you all as one big KBA family.

The KBA Girls Summer State will continue as schedule at different locations this weekend. Please check Home Click Schedules to see the updated schedule.

The Phenom Camp will still be this Saturday at Lexington Christian starting at 9 am.

The Sunday Men’s League, High School League, Volleyball Clinic, & Volleyball League will be postponed until the next Sunday. New location will be posted next week.

The Boys KBA Summer State will go on as scheduled next weekend!

Please be on the look out for future announcements on all our social media.

What?!? Really?

Not really sure what the surprise is, you were in the conversation on the AAU board May 15 when we was discussing this very thing and they had been served papers then and would be shut down very soon.

Basically when Tom Bower left the KBA went to a dump. Awful refereeing and customer service, with Tom it was first class now it is a complete joke.

I guess the KBA name is still going to try and live on and host tournaments at various sites throughout Lexington like LCA & Imani Baptist Church etc according to their press release.

Interesting to see if someone buys the building and tries to keep the sports going inside the KBA or will they just do away with the sports and turn it into an office space.

I actually didn't see anything about them being served papers. What was that about?

I’m not sure exact why would be served, don’t know legal system that well but was told back then it was because couldn’t pay for their lease or what not and they as told 30 days and to get out. This was before the AAU 15u - 17u state tournaments.

So whatever the correct legality term would be that’s why, but they are no longer occupants of the building on Ruccio Way.

One would assume they have known this for while to and still promoting tournaments under the KBA Sports Inc name I am sure that they won’t be scrambling for gyms to host in, im sure they have their rentals spots worked out.

Stinks that no longer KBA facility right now but a business venture they will probably make more money than have over the last 18 months because without a lot of teams and letting a lot in free they still had staff to

Pay and bills. Now as a Business they will only rent enough courts from people they need and won’t have to worry about the rest of the bills electric, water etc.

The referees are usually the way Bluegrass Official Association (10/11) trains their refs. No reason to complain about the officials.

Better tell that to almost every coach, player, parent or fan to ever grace the doors there then. Because almost to a tee, win or lose, the one thing you can always count on is most everyone agreeing on how bad the reffing is there.

The worst place I've ever seen too! I would rather not play as go there. They know how bad it is themselves but continue to allow it. It was like empty the last time we played there. I will not miss it at all. Somebody could make it work if they cared about running it properly.

I’m interested in seeing if someone will buy that building and make it a first class place for amateur basketball again. The potential is there but if the management isn’t up to par then things like this happen.

Met you there and that’s about the only fond memory I have about that place. Courts are on top of each other with little room to relax in between games and no parking.

Met you there and that’s about the only fond memory I have about that place. Courts are on top of each other with little room to relax in between games and no parking.

Truth!!!!! I was thinking about when I met you there when I saw you quoted my post.

And yeah the set up leaves much to be desired. I wish I could win the lottery so I could buy it and turn it into something much better than what it was.