Bardstown 2018

Ram

• 2 weeks later...

The Tigers graduated only a few seniors and return almost every starter on offense and defense. A large number of freshmen and sophomores last year started and/or saw significant playing time. It is still a young team. They appear to have had a great offseason, particularly in the weight room, and the remaining core of the team is very blue collar. Rising sophomore QB Brady Clark has gained a little size and appears poised for a more consistent sophomore campaign. Rising junior H-back Elijah Rogers had a stellar sophomore season and is a dual-threat player. They must replace the right side of the offensive line. While Central is easily the class of the district, the rest of the district lost a lot to graduation, and the postseason draw this year is favorable. If this ship stays the course and avoids too much battle damage, I would expect Bardstown to be playing for a region championship.

• 4 weeks later...
I would love to hear more about that!

They have obtained an end-zone camera which is a dramatically better film view, particularly for lineman, of game film, operated via an iPad. It is a game-changer in my opinion because it shows splits, movement, first-step, foot and handwork that heretofore was unavailable from side view cameras. Also could be really good for recruiting videos and other multiple purposes, and of course it is now transmitted via Hudl so the players can watch it from home as much as they wish.

They also have acquired a drone, which provides aerial view of drills and practices (my understanding it cannot be used during games), but which provides an excellent, NFL-style view of pre-snap formations, motion, defensive coverages and sets and movements of backs and receivers.

They also now have in-game, sideline tablets, that these images are submitted to that platoon players can view while they are out, and have recruited the district's IT coordinator as a coach to be responsible for that and the Hudl transmissions.

This past winter, the Tigers installed football turf and related items and installed it in what we call the "old Salt River facility," a giant indoor building and separate campus that was converted to a sports facility, and therefore were able to workout in football drills most of the offseason.

I know that many larger programs probably have had these types of things for awhile, but it is new to us and hopefully will translate to better performance on the field.

They have obtained an end-zone camera which is a dramatically better film view, particularly for lineman, of game film, operated via an iPad. It is a game-changer in my opinion because it shows splits, movement, first-step, foot and handwork that heretofore was unavailable from side view cameras. Also could be really good for recruiting videos and other multiple purposes, and of course it is now transmitted via Hudl so the players can watch it from home as much as they wish.

They also have acquired a drone, which provides aerial view of drills and practices (my understanding it cannot be used during games), but which provides an excellent, NFL-style view of pre-snap formations, motion, defensive coverages and sets and movements of backs and receivers.

They also now have in-game, sideline tablets, that these images are submitted to that platoon players can view while they are out, and have recruited the district's IT coordinator as a coach to be responsible for that and the Hudl transmissions.

This past winter, the Tigers installed football turf and related items and installed it in what we call the "old Salt River facility," a giant indoor building and separate campus that was converted to a sports facility, and therefore were able to workout in football drills most of the offseason.

I know that many larger programs probably have had these types of things for awhile, but it is new to us and hopefully will translate to better performance on the field.

Go Bardstown Tigers!

• 2 weeks later...

3 seniors on this year's Tiger team. Team looked very improved in 7 on 7 passing league games this year. Tereylin Calbert returns from a year off and looking formidable at wideout. Just finished team camp and saw good chemistry. First full contact scrimmage at Washington County next Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
The Tigers graduated only a few seniors and return almost every starter on offense and defense. A large number of freshmen and sophomores last year started and/or saw significant playing time. It is still a young team. They appear to have had a great offseason, particularly in the weight room, and the remaining core of the team is very blue collar. Rising sophomore QB Brady Clark has gained a little size and appears poised for a more consistent sophomore campaign. Rising junior H-back Elijah Rogers had a stellar sophomore season and is a dual-threat player. They must replace the right side of the offensive line. While Central is easily the class of the district, the rest of the district lost a lot to graduation, and the postseason draw this year is favorable. If this ship stays the course and avoids too much battle damage, I would expect Bardstown to be playing for a region championship.

Given that Belfry, Boyle Co, Corbin, Western Hills, E’town, Caldwell Co, Casey Co, LaRue Co, Bell Co, and Lexington Catholic are all in other regions I would agree....we are all happy. 9 of the top 10 from CalPreps 2017 final rankings are not in region 2. District 3 will play District 5 in 2018 and the key may be home field advantage especially in November. Central and Waggener were the 2 highest ranked in 2017 but Bath County, Russell, West Carter, and Fleming County were the next 4 highest for the 2018 region. It’s a long bus ride between the regions regardless of who is there. It will be better not to be on a bus.

3 seniors on this year's Tiger team. Team looked very improved in 7 on 7 passing league games this year. Tereylin Calbert returns from a year off and looking formidable at wideout. Just finished team camp and saw good chemistry. First full contact scrimmage at Washington County next Saturday.

So how did Bardstown look? I heard that Harrison dominated that scrimmage?? is that accurate? Just curious. If so, does Harrison look that much improved, coming off an 0-10 year, albeit now with Ray Graham at the helm.

So how did Bardstown look? I heard that Harrison dominated that scrimmage?? is that accurate? Just curious. If so, does Harrison look that much improved, coming off an 0-10 year, albeit now with Ray Graham at the helm.

Bardstown dominated the scrimmage. Harrison moved the ball against Washington, but only one long play against Bardstown. Bardstown freshmen LaDarion Montomery had 4 runs of 20+ yards. There was a nice little goal-line stand series between Bardstown and Harrison near the end of the day. Harrison's Chase Blanton is a physical freak of nature.

Really interested to see how this young B’town bunch has developed. If Elijah Rogers is only as much fun as he was last year it will be great. If he’s better, look out.

I wish I could fill you in on a lot of good stuff, but I don't want Marksbury to get it yet. When does your preview come out?