Warriors 122 Cavaliers 103 - NBA Finals Game 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New game, same story. Lebron plays the game he wants to play, sets his teammates up for success the entire game and they let him down time and time again. What more do you all want from this guy?

Quite possibly correct...and I'd argue, at least concerning kids up thru high school, influenced in a (unintentional) negative way. Most every kid wants to shoot the 3 from 25+ feet now, and thinks they can do it. Drives me bonkers as a coach.

I love watching Steph shoot.

In my mind, he has been the most influential player on the game of basketball since Michael Jordan.

Completely agree. It’s because he’s relatable. None of us can relate to Lebron James, but we all can relate to Steph.

Quite possibly correct...and I'd argue, at least concerning kids up thru high school, influenced in a (unintentional) negative way. Most every kid wants to shoot the 3 from 25+ feet now, and thinks they can do it. Drives me bonkers as a coach.

That’s the way the game is going. I don’t think it’s a negative thing. If you can become a proficient shooter 3>2. Being able to spread the floor I think can only help young teams not hinder them. I’m also just a fan and not a coach.

That’s the way the game is going. I don’t think it’s a negative thing. If you can become a proficient shooter 3>2. Being able to spread the floor I think can only help young teams not hinder them. I’m also just a fan and not a coach.

Problem is EVERY player wants to shoot the "long ball" now, and thinks if they can hit 1-27 that that's actually doing something. You should see the looks I get from kids when I tell them they aren't a good shooter from the high school 3 point line, much less from at or beyond the NBA distance. You'd think I just called their mom a bad name. Hey, I'd LOVE to have 5 kids on the floor that can shoot 3's, and I run sets for the ones who actually can shoot, but few kids are willing to spend the hours and hours of extra practice to actually get to where many of them think they already are. They don't realize all the hours someone like Curry spent in the gym to get to where he is and do what he can do.

Problem is EVERY player wants to shoot the "long ball" now, and thinks if they can hit 1-27 that that's actually doing something. You should see the looks I get from kids when I tell them they aren't a good shooter from the high school 3 point line, much less from at or beyond the NBA distance. You'd think I just called their mom a bad name. Hey, I'd LOVE to have 5 kids on the floor that can shoot 3's, and I run sets for the ones who actually can shoot, but few kids are willing to spend the hours and hours of extra practice to actually get to where many of them think they already are. They don't realize all the hours someone like Curry spent in the gym to get to where he is and do what he can do.

Need to teach a few of them to be Dennis Rodman haha!

Need to teach a few of them to be Dennis Rodman haha!

If you have a line on that let me know...getting rebounds isn't "glamorous" enough, hard to find kids that are ok doing the "dirty work", and when you do find them they are like gold.

New game, same story. Lebron plays the game he wants to play, sets his teammates up for success the entire game and they let him down time and time again. What more do you all want from this guy?

Lebron picked his teammates. If he cant coach them up to play the game he wants to play, sounds like its Lebron's problem.

Im with you on this. As long as the shooter can create a reboundable shot constantly, (so there is at least a chance for some put back points) I am not as down on it, but good luck finding that.

I get it if a kid can’t play, he just can’t play. I was just speaking to where the game is going.

I get it if a kid can’t play, he just can’t play. I was just speaking to where the game is going.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Plenty of kids are talented enough to play middle and high school ball without being good shooters, the can do other things well. Shooting is both skill and art, and listen of kids can't do it even if they can do other aspects of the game.