Warriors 124 Cavaliers 114 (OT) - NBA Finals Game 1

Final. Wow!

This was a fun non stop game to watch from start to finish.

The play that will be talked about a lot is the charge they changed to a block with a minute left that allowed the Warriors to tie it. I do think they got the call right because James was moving and was turning his body sideways. However I hate that they can change a call like that over replay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest play was J.R. Smith dribbling the ball out after getting the offensive rebound on the free throw with four seconds left, not having clue what the situation was, and the Cavs not even getting a shot. The replay was a terrible call that got corrected. If by rule they are allowed to change it, then they got it right.

Again the Cavs roster is atrocious. We can debate how bad it is relative to the rest of the bad rosters in the league for the days, but the fact of the matter is Lebron has to play 48 minutes and score 51 points for his team to even have a chance. Also JR Smith? Are you serious bro?

The biggest play was J.R. Smith dribbling the ball out after getting the offensive rebound on the free throw with four seconds left, not having clue what the situation was, and the Cavs not even getting a shot. The replay was a terrible call that got corrected. If by rule they are allowed to change it, then they got it right.

The way I understand it...is they're allowed to review it when it takes place within the area under the basket (defined by the line). When the defender is not near that...then it they're not (allowed to review/change it). So, four feet might as well be 44 feet...they're all the same.

They may have indeed got the "call" right...but, they circumvented the rules to do it. Don't like it. Opens up a huge can of worms for down the line. There may be other "missed" calls...are they going to correct them, even if the rules say they're not allowed to?

The novelty of JR has worn off for this Cavs fan. It’s frustrating because he can be the difference in the game in a positive way, but we rarely get to see that. He’ll either be laser focused for the rest of the series, or he finally totally disengages and punches Dray in the teeth. I’m cool with either.

Clarkson looks like he didn’t expect to be required to play basketball after the trade. Shame too, because he has a lot of game.

Get rid of official reviews. Calls shouldn’t be corrected in-game. Wait til the two minute report and give the ref a bad grade for missing the call, but that one went to review over whether or not he was outside the restricted area. I don’t care for JVG, but he nailed it. Be able to review every call or leave them alone.

LeBron. Just, wow!

The way I understand it...is they're allowed to review it when it takes place within the area under the basket (defined by the line). When the defender is not near that...then it they're not (allowed to review/change it). So, four feet might as well be 44 feet...they're all the same.

They may have indeed got the "call" right...but, they circumvented the rules to do it. Don't like it. Opens up a huge can of worms for down the line. There may be other "missed" calls...are they going to correct them, even if the rules say they're not allowed to?

Under 2 minutes, they can review almost anything that they feel questionable about. I didn't know if they could change a charge call. As I heard an official explain it, the arc was in question so that allowed the review. Once they go to review the play, everything is up for review. Had there been a goal-tend on the play, they could have also checked for that. So, it was, by rule, allowed and they got it right. The only debate is for those who don't like review.

Again the Cavs roster is atrocious. We can debate how bad it is relative to the rest of the bad rosters in the league for the days, but the fact of the matter is Lebron has to play 48 minutes and score 51 points for his team to even have a chance. Also JR Smith? Are you serious bro?

I'm continuously baffled by this narrative that this roster is terrible.

Love - career 18 and 11

Hood - was averaging 17 ppg in Utah

Clarkson - 14 ppg career

Hill - starting PG in the league, averaged 17 ppg, 4 apg in 16-17

Smith - 12.6 ppg career, 8.3 ppg this season

Korver - 9.9 ppg career, 9.2 this season, 45% from 3

Thompson - solid role guy, 9 ppg, 8 rpg

Nance - solid role guy, 9 ppg 7 rpg

That's LeBron, plus four that are double digit scorers currently, Smith and Korver are career double digit scorers (one streak shooter, one great shooter, this season at 9.2 and 8.3), and two role players that give you 18 points and 15 boards. Are they bad defensively? Yes. Do they have trouble playing with LeBron? I don't know. It's not a terrible roster.

LeBron was tremendous. But to pretend LeBron's teammates were all bad is unfair. Both LeBron can play well and others can have good (enough) games and the Cavs can still lose. Unheard of, I know, since LeBron has been drafted he has been saddled alongside G-Leaguers and custodial staff, but it does happen.

I still marvel each time I see LeBron and how large he is. Durant is weak and wanted no part of him. Kudos to Steph for at least trying to get in front of him on all the fourth quarter switches.

Warriors are tough to root for. Not a more obnoxious front running team in sport's history.

My thoughts:

JR: just stupid he's saying he knew it was tied, that's BS.

Clarkson: I'm not sure how many shots he took, but I feel like when he's in he's hoisting no matter what. I'm not a Clarkson guy.

Nance: played a good ball game, but at the end of the day I don't think he can do that throughout a series.

LBJ: doing his thing, the Cavs needed this win to have a chance I think; hope I'm wrong.

Draymond: This guy has never committed a foul in his life, the way he looks at the refs. I feel like he should be tossed a lot more than he has in his career. I would love to see him on a mediocre to terrible team, because I feel like he's not that good.

The call to end the game with the scrum, seemed odd to me Tristan had to have said something to get tossed on the shooting foul.

The charge/no charge review, I agree with others they probably got the call right; however changing those calls opens almost every call up to be changed down the stretch of a good NBA championship game.

I'm continuously baffled by this narrative that this roster is terrible.

Love - career 18 and 11

Hood - was averaging 17 ppg in Utah

Clarkson - 14 ppg career

Hill - starting PG in the league, averaged 17 ppg, 4 apg in 16-17

Smith - 12.6 ppg career, 8.3 ppg this season

Korver - 9.9 ppg career, 9.2 this season, 45% from 3

Thompson - solid role guy, 9 ppg, 8 rpg

Nance - solid role guy, 9 ppg 7 rpg

That's LeBron, plus four that are double digit scorers currently, Smith and Korver are career double digit scorers (one streak shooter, one great shooter, this season at 9.2 and 8.3), and two role players that give you 18 points and 15 boards. Are they bad defensively? Yes. Do they have trouble playing with LeBron? I don't know. It's not a terrible roster.

@GrantNKY at what part in the game yesterday could anyone else had even did more to contribute? Usually when a guy has a 50 point game. There is not going to be many other guys who can do much. I honestly don't know how you even bring up a horrible roster after this game. Love had a great game, other players did contribute when they can and their defense besides the 1st quarter didn't do that bad.

It's very simple on every team James plays on. It's been the same system that James wants, and that is him dictating the offense. So no team would look good once you take him out of a game, because teams he is on have no systems besides what James wants. So players don't know how to play without him, because there is no system that fits them. The system is for him, when he is out it's not going to work.

Quite honestly when Klay got hurt early and then you looked at the Warriors roster. I'm not sure you could say the Warriors were any better than the Cavs roster. When Thompson was out. They basically only had 2 guys who can score in Durant and Curry. Basically the Warriors have one more big contributer who makes the difference in these rosters. Other than that, these two rosters aren't even that different.

@GrantNKY at what part in the game yesterday could anyone else had even did more to contribute? Usually when a guy has a 50 point game. There is not going to be many other guys who can do much. I honestly don't know how you even bring up a horrible roster after this game. Love had a great game, other players did contribute when they can and their defense besides the 1st quarter didn't do that bad.

It's very simple on every team James plays on. It's been the same system that James wants, and that is him dictating the offense. So no team would look good once you take him out of a game, because teams he is on have no systems besides what James wants. So players don't know how to play without him, because there is no system that fits them. The system is for him, when he is out it's not going to work.

Quite honestly when Klay got hurt early and then you looked at the Warriors roster. I'm not sure you could say the Warriors were any better than the Cavs roster. When Thompson was out. They basically only had 2 guys who can score in Durant and Curry. Basically the Warriors have one more big contributer who makes the difference in these rosters. Other than that, these two rosters aren't even that different.

James doesn’t want to play 48 minutes and score 51 points for them to have a chance. He wants to play 38 minutes and have 28 points and 15 assists. He HAS to dominate the ball because no one else is capable of making plays outside of Kevin Love.