Bishop Brossart 5 Harrison County 3

Hamberg isn’t flashy, but he just gets it done on the mound. Kid can pitch.

Same way on the hoops court. Kid was one shot shy of shooting 50% from behind the arc this year and he jacked up a bunch of shots. Super nice kid and player who tends to fly under the radar a bit due to his demeanor.

Congrats to the Mustangs! Keep it rolling.

Mac Whiatker got ejected. Was arguing a balk call. I was right behind home plate and I did not hear Mac say anything that should have resulted in an ejection. It’s the regional tournament, and the umpire wanted to show Mac up and make a name for himself and make it about him. I know Mac can be intimatating to an umpire sometimes but this is the first time I’ve seen him been ejected. And I’ve seen him act a lot worse. Bad move by the umpire. Believe me when I say this, Harrison County isn’t the same team without Whitaker coaching.

He got ejected on reputation.

I think that "short leash" goes hand in hand with playoff baseball - everyone is expected to do their best. That means if you have a pitcher not performing you yank them instead of letting them work through it, if you have a player strikeout horribly two times and there's a person on the bench you think can deliver, you make the switch, if you are a coach you understand that this is not the time to show-up an ump, you've had an entire season to show your players you have their back. Right or wrong, you don't give the ump the rope to hang you with in a must win game unless the call would basically or literally end your chances at winning.

Mac Whiatker got ejected. Was arguing a balk call. I was right behind home plate and I did not hear Mac say anything that should have resulted in an ejection. It’s the regional tournament, and the umpire wanted to show Mac up and make a name for himself and make it about him. I know Mac can be intimatating to an umpire sometimes but this is the first time I’ve seen him been ejected. And I’ve seen him act a lot worse. Bad move by the umpire. Believe me when I say this, Harrison County isn’t the same team without Whitaker coaching.

He got ejected on reputation.

Would you like to be called a "piece of trash "?