Mom and pop places to eat in Florence

If the weather is nice, I am taking in a Florence Freedom game Saturday night.

Was hoping to find a mom and pop place very close to the stadium to eat.

Livers and onions would be awesome.

The Farmstand in Union is fantastic. Although I highly doubt they serve liver and onions. Florence and the surrounding area severely lacks in independently owned establishments.

If you want a guaranteed excellent meal and service from a locally owned place, Greyhound Tavern in Ft. Mitchell is the place. It is a few exits north of Florence, about a 15 minute drive to the Florence Freedom. I don't think they have liver and onions but they have chicken livers. They have the best onion rings ever (HUGE). It is a nicer sit down restaurant, but nothing fancy.

I stopped in there one night while waiting for my wife to get off work. Beers prices were dirt cheap. Didn’t eat, but saw some food come out. Didn’t look too bad at all. Said I’d go back, but haven’t made it.

It’s not in Florence, but, Willy’s Diner in Mayslick. When you stop at the stop sign in Mayslick, you’re sitting right in front of the place. Food is good, but make sure you leave room for dessert. Homemade pies and cakes. We drive down from Alexandria just for dessert sometimes. She posts daily specials, and desserts of the day, on her Facebook page.