Louisville City 2 FC Cincinnati 0

Louisville was pretty outstanding tonight. Controlled the game almost from start to finish. Absolutely deserving of the win.

Can’t say enough about what Cam Lancaster did before going out hurt in the first half. Rasmussen and Ownby were also serious bright spots.

Great night for the defense as well. Just a ton of superlatives.

10 days of much needed rest for this depleted roster before coming back for the Open Cup match against New England on June 5.

Off to find a bar in downtown Cincinnati that will quench my thirst for a tall glass of bourbon.

Citaaaaaaay!!!

I know there were some media saying last year that Lou FC's Irish coach might leave for greener pastures. It seems he is a really good coach. Can Louisville keep him?

The thing that helps is that MLS is pretty terrible about looking to lower division coaches to bring in. They love retread coaches as much any other sport and also like splash hires of foreign coaches.

The other thing we may have going for us is that O’Connor has absolute control over soccer decision making (except for the salary budget), something that is tougher to come by in MLS.

Ultimately, while those are the things Louisville has going for it as far as keeping O’Connor, if the price is right and he decides it’s the best thing for him and his family, he’ll go and I wish him well.