9th Region Draw

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a cakewalk to the finals for CCH, much tougher road for Highlands but looks like a CCH/Highlands championship game.

Cakewalk?

April 19 St. Henry 6 - CovCath 4

May 8 CovCath 6 - Ryle 5

Also, when was the last time CovCath won a Regional game?

Looks like a cakewalk to the finals for CCH, much tougher road for Highlands but looks like a CCH/Highlands championship game.

No cakewalk. Either team they could play in the semis can beat just about anyone. And they aren’t just going to be able to waltz by Ryle either.

I'm a little confused here...how would moving games to Beechwood do anything to alleviate heat index since it's turf as well??

I would presume it would have more to do with being able to play multiple games at different times of day (ie could play two games at 10:00A and two games at 7P, if necessary).

I'm a little confused here...how would moving games to Beechwood do anything to alleviate heat index since it's turf as well??

You could play multiple games at the same time, each at different venues. That way you could still get them all in on Monday.

I would presume it would have more to do with being able to play multiple games at different times of day (ie could play two games at 10:00A and two games at 7P, if necessary).

Ah, yeah, that makes sense.

Cakewalk?

April 19 St. Henry 6 - CovCath 4

May 8 CovCath 6 - Ryle 5

Also, when was the last time CovCath won a Regional game?

Did St Henry pitch Jackson Haddle in both games? With Jackson on the hump, St Henry can beat anybody.

When I think about a good or bad draw in a regional, it comes down to one thing - pitching matchups.

Does your first round opponent have a stud #1?

Looking to round 2 and beyond, what is the quality of the #2 and #3 pitchers of possible opponents?

It is all about pitching unless the pitching matchup is even.

Did St Henry pitch Jackson Haddle in both games? With Jackson on the hump, St Henry can beat anybody.

Haddle did pitch in the St. Henry win over CovCath. Haddle did not pitch for either team in the CovCath narrow win over Ryle.