Houston 98 Golden State 94 - Western Conference Finals (Game 5)

Houston may have won this game but in the end Chris Paul may have paid the price.

He seemed pretty hobbled as he walked off of the court - seemed to be more than just a cramp to me. Possibly a hamstring injury. If so, I feel for him.

As for the game - Houston again stepped up the defense in the 4th quarter.

If Chris Paul is out - this series is over even though the Rockets hold a 3-2 advantage.

Edited by bugatti

So shocked at how the last two games have unfolded. Never saw Golden State being bullied around by the Rockets. Not sure the Rockets saw it coming either.

I've never really considered the Warriors "tough." You're right though, the difference the past two games has been Houston's physicality and their relentless defense. They've played with a bigger sense of urgency than GS, and it's paying off for them.

I'd be surprised if Houston won the series in Oracle, but not shocked. There's no way Chris Paul doesn't play.

I like Houston at home in Game 7.

Houston's defense has been a huge surprise. Last night's game was ugly and that probably benefits Houston. Iguodala's absence has been a major factor in these two games as well. Livingston and Young were terrible in Game 4 and Cook didn't do any better last night. Surprised Kerr didn't run Young out there for at least a few shifts last night. If AI doesn't return or if another guard doesn't step up big, the Warriors will have a hard time winning two in a row.

Who knew that Mike D'Antoni could actually coach defense???

Conversely, shouldn't Steve Kerr be taking some heat for how he coached this game? That lineup he had on the floor the last minute or so had me scratching my head. The play where they threw the ball to Draymond ... ??? Why is the most lethal scorer in the NBA not getting the ball more in the fourth quarter of these games?

Chris Paul is already being ruled out for Game 6. Obviously, huge.

I wonder if this is Houston simply conceding that they were probably not winning Game 6 in Oracle regardless, so they are resting him for Game 7?

I wonder if this is Houston simply conceding that they were probably not winning Game 6 in Oracle regardless, so they are resting him for Game 7?

No doubt. Unless it turned out to be a minor tweek (which it didn't appear to be) and he was near 100%, this was a no-brainer.

Game 6 will be fun to watch to see how many times Harden shoots. Their only chance is if he goes off.

Not a chance they have that mentality during the playoffs. If they do then I hope they lose every game for the rest of their existence.

The fact that they already ruled him out for Game 6 tells me that if he can play in game 7 he’ll be playing on one leg.

Conversely, shouldn't Steve Kerr be taking some heat for how he coached this game? That lineup he had on the floor the last minute or so had me scratching my head. The play where they threw the ball to Draymond ... ??? Why is the most lethal scorer in the NBA not getting the ball more in the fourth quarter of these games?

Are you talking about KD?