Boston 96 Cleveland 83 Eastern Conference Finals (Game 5)

Just when you think the Cavs have a stronghold on the series, this happens...

Not the prettiest perfomance by either squad, but Boston outworked the Cavs across the board.

Felt like I was watching a game from 2002.

Boston leads the series 3-2. LeBron ended with decent numbers, but in the second half he was playing drunk. Everyone was saying how “gassed” he is. For as in shape as he is, that dude wears down and cramps more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Boston leads the series 3-2. LeBron ended with decent numbers, but in the second half he was playing drunk. Everyone was saying how “gassed” he is. For as in shape as he is, that dude wears down and cramps more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

He wasn’t gassed. He knew they weren’t going to win last night so he dialed it back. It was clear to see he conceded.

He wasn’t gassed. He knew they weren’t going to win last night so he dialed it back. It was clear to see he conceded.

He almost appeared sick to me, but with LeBron who knows, it is always something with him. It was not as if Boston was unstoppable... they only shot 36.5% from the field.

He almost appeared sick to me, but with LeBron who knows, it is always something with him. It was not as if Boston was unstoppable... they only shot 36.5% from the field.

He did seem disengaged for whatever reason but as average as Boston was I never felt like the Cavs had a chance to win last night.

He did seem disengaged for whatever reason but as average as Boston was I never felt like the Cavs had a chance to win last night.

I agree.

The spreads of these games are amazing and perplexing as all get out that teams can be so different on the road (or at home).

I'm hopeful Boston can close it out, but man, watching this series and then the West, it's not even close. Whoever wins this is most likely going to be swept in the Finals.

CP3 might be the difference maker by bringing an added toughness, but I still do not trust James Harden. I assure you both teams in the East are praying the Rockets are in the Finals to see if he wilts. But in theory, yes, I agree with you. Cleveland would have been a fringe playoff team in the West.

Your last sentence...which is why he will NEVER be considered GOAT by anyone who watched MJ play.

Your last sentence...which is why he will NEVER be considered GOAT by anyone who watched MJ play.

I watched MJ play. He was my favorite player growing up. I can't stand LeBron. All that being said, it's getting increasingly difficult to pick MJ over him...

I watched MJ play. He was my favorite player growing up. I can't stand LeBron. All that being said, it's getting increasingly difficult to pick MJ over him...

Actually I feel the exact opposite and believe the difference becomes more obvious as time goes by. Does/did James have the physical tools to be GOAT? Yes. But the intangible "take no prisoners", "I'd kill my own mom" mentality to beat someone and get the win, James just doesn't have.