Florida and USF Agree to Play

swamprat

You'd know after I gave up my season tickets...

2022 in Gainesville

2023 in Tampa

2025 in Gainesville

The 2022 OOC schedule for USF

Texas in Tampa

Florda in Gaineville

Louisville at PJCS

UMass in Tampa

Now if they could replace UMass with a Big Ten or PAC 12 opponent that would be choice.

Still have open dates in 2020 and 2021. I'd love it, if something could be worked out with UK.

You'd know after I gave up my season tickets...

2022 in Gainesville

2023 in Tampa

2025 in Gainesville

The 2022 OOC schedule for USF

Texas in Tampa

Florda in Gaineville

Louisville at PJCS

UMass in Tampa

Now if they could replace UMass with a Big Ten or PAC 12 opponent that would be choice.

Still have open dates in 2020 and 2021. I'd love it, if something could be worked out with UK.

When I watch the Bulls on TV it always looks like you could buy a single game ticket.

When I watch the Bulls on TV it always looks like you could buy a single game ticket.

Normally that is the case.

However, I guarantee that will not be the case if the home game is Florida. If fact, the last time Florida State played here, it was a sellout, though it looked like the place had tons of empty seats. Everybody stayed in the Stadium Clubs because it was so hot.

This is a bandwagon town. There is no denying it. When USF was in the Big East, they drew 60K a game. The only time they draw, now, is when a major P5 player comes to town.

The Texas game in 2022 will be a tough ticket. The Wisconsin game, in 2019 will be, too.

That 2022 schedule is STRONG. Can’t believe they’ve scheduled all those.

If it were up to me, all OOC games would be against P5 opponents. If the conference is to get no respect, go get what respect you can. Any place, any time, should be the program motto.

I am totally surprised Florida scheduled USF at all. They have been avoiding that for years. It makes sense from their point of view. They gain nothing if they win and can take a big hit in the rankings if they lose.

In fact, Florida only schedules Florida State, because they have to. Given that exception, they normally never play an OOC game away from The Swamp. Last year's opener was a one off. Therefore, the visit to Tampa in 2023 is kind of a shocker, though it will basically be a home game.

It shows the respect Coach Strong garners.

If it were up to me, all OOC games would be against P5 opponents. If the conference is to get no respect, go get what respect you can. Any place, any time, should be the program motto.

Should have phrased that differently. I'm not shocked that USF wants them, I'm shocked UF and FSU agreed to them. Most of the big dogs have been angling away from major out of conference matchups that don't involve another marquee opponent at a neutral site in prime time.