MLB Replay Problems

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way the first one could be out or even up for discussion is if the glove grazed the helmet. However, you can't tell if it did or did not clearly enough to call it. I think that could be what stumped NY replay official. The second one was just a blown call by the ump.

I can't have much sympathy for the Braves not getting calls from Umps, after their pitchers got a 24-30" wide strike zone for the entire decade of the 90's. :lol2:

There are some angles that show clearly the glove didnt hit the helmet. Even if it did, I'm not sure he is out.

Second call the ump was in a terrible position to even make the call.

Lastly, it's 2018, let the 90s go. The Braves have been screwed by Umps enough since then. :lol2:

There are some angles that show clearly the glove didnt hit the helmet. Even if it did, I'm not sure he is out.

Lastly, it's 2018, let the 90s go. The Braves have been screwed by Umps enough since then. :lol2:

Where should the ump have been on the play at third?

I'm not saying he should have been standing somewhere else, I'm saying there's no way he saw what actually happened.

It was a comedy of errors. The call at home was so close, you rely upon the replay to get it correct. I can't fault the home plate umpire. The umpires in the replay center blew that call, which in turn, lead to the next call being missed because the challenge had already been used.

I think they blew both calls, I was just pointing out how the first could have been missed.

Get over the 90's? I still hate the Dodgers from the 70's...:lol2:

It was a comedy of errors. The call at home was so close, you rely upon the replay to get it correct. I can't fault the home plate umpire. The umpires in the replay center blew that call, which in turn, lead to the next call being missed because the challenge had already been used.

Agreed

I think they blew both calls, I was just pointing out how the first could have been missed.

Get over the 90's? I still hate the Dodgers from the 70's...:lol2:

I wasn't around in the 70s so I can't relate :lol2:

Hey, after the way the Braves cheated the international signing process, they deserve to get screwed a few times.

As for the game, I was at it. The one at home was super close and on some angles it looked like guys hand when he was sliding was raised off the plate a little. The play at 3rd was a blown call, but I’m glad it went our way :lol2:

Hey, after the way the Braves cheated the international signing process, they deserve to get screwed a few times.

As for the game, I was at it. The one at home was super close and on some angles it looked like guys hand when he was sliding was raised off the plate a little. The play at 3rd was a blown call, but I’m glad it went our way :lol2:

I thought the same, about his hand being above the plate, not on it.